Does anyone else get really emotional from movies/tv shows?

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2013, 9:58 pm

I really rarely ever cry. I did hard 2 months ago after being fired, but that was the first time in over a decade.
For personal reasons.

But during movies and tv shows I tear up really easily, especially with melodramatic music on the background. I can even cry for the campiest, most scripted fake hollywood luck reality tv. Frankly I find it a bit embarrassing.

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2013, 3:17 am

Yes, I easily cry in sad scenes. I feel like it's happening to me!

Frenchaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2013, 6:14 am

I don't cry easily IRL but I have often bursted into tears by watching movies alone and in the dark, even if I've already known it : Forrest Gump, Edward Scissorhands... It's weird but I know another aspie who feel exactly the same, so I guess you don't have to find it embarrassing sixstring :wink:

Oskar86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2013, 8:02 am

I'm really enjoying emotional films (and games for that matter, since I'm a form of a geek :) ) and really got involved in pixars movies, they are often really emotional. My favourite being wall-e, because you get to know two characters with almost no dialoge and still get to care about them. Another favourite scene in a movie is the beginning of UP, I didn't care that much in the movie, thought it was okay, but the beginning is really heart breaking and really got me emotional involved.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2013, 8:25 am

Oskar86 wrote:
I'm really enjoying emotional films (and games for that matter, since I'm a form of a geek :) ) and really got involved in pixars movies, they are often really emotional. My favourite being wall-e, because you get to know two characters with almost no dialoge and still get to care about them. Another favourite scene in a movie is the beginning of UP, I didn't care that much in the movie, thought it was okay, but the beginning is really heart breaking and really got me emotional involved.
Agreed with everything, except I really liked up for the entire movie.

Although not many games are emotionally strong enough to make me cry. Some have, like Final Fantasy IX and Metal Gear Solid.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 2:48 pm

I can tell you that I've definatly cried when watching movies in the past. Sometimes I might burst out or just feel a little heavy eyed. Here are some examples but in no particular order. Warning there may be spoilers ahead:

Marley and Me - The dogs dies and I couldn't stop crying heck I was crying when it was building up to it right around the time he was outside in the rain and Owen Wilson was looking for him. It took him a while to die in fact I think it was a few days but I was still crying.

Toy Story 3 - Andy giving away the toys, telling Bonnie who each one of them is, leaving Woody for last and telling her how special he is, saying "bye guys", driving off and Woody saying "so long partner" and all the while that sad music in the background, do I need to go on?

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Spock's heroic sacrifice, Kirk giving his eulogy and Scotty playing amazing grace on the bagpipes.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 2:59 pm

Only if I strongly relate to the character. There have been a couple of series in which I could relate to a character and they were emotionally intense and therapeutic for me.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 12:10 am

yes I'm terrible at doing that if I'm watching a sad movie or a tv show I get emotional.

Oskar86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2013, 3:26 am

tb86 wrote:
Toy Story 3 - Andy giving away the toys, telling Bonnie who each one of them is, leaving Woody for last and telling her how special he is, saying "bye guys", driving off and Woody saying "so long partner" and all the while that sad music in the background, do I need to go on?

Although its kind of a cheesy ending, it still made me cry :) But my favourite part of that movie is when they [SPOILER] are in the dump thinking that they are going to die in the big incinerator

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2013, 1:54 pm

I cry watching TV Shows and Movies quite often. I just get so involved in them that when a something really bad happens, I can't help but imagine myself in that situation. Even going so far as to think of things that I might have said and then what the characters might have said back to me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 2:38 pm

I cried at the end of The Place Beyond The Pines. It was good no one called security on me because I was sitting in the back row of the auditorium. The movie was very emotional and I felt very sorry for Avery Cross, the cop played by Bradley Cooper.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 3:05 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I cried at the end of The Place Beyond The Pines. It was good no one called security on me because I was sitting in the back row of the auditorium. The movie was very emotional and I felt very sorry for Avery Cross, the cop played by Bradley Cooper.

That was a good movie! I cried when Luke Glanton died, but for different reasons. Did you see Silver Linings Playbook? In the scene where De Niro's character loses it, I almost cried. It was really intense.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 5:52 pm

have stendahl's syndrome, am prone to choking up during certain movies and songs.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 1:09 am

Heck, even when I was a kid, something like this would have me feeling incredibly sad... my dad would barely restrain his disappointment for such a "girly" son. :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bag48VyrOpI[/youtube]

Gad... I wish I hadn't just watched it! I feel the same now as I did then... only a little deadened from the constant depression since the ex kidnapped my boys.

must... retain... will... to... live.... *gasp*

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 12:21 pm

Black Beauty . . . makes me cry every time. Even just thinking about it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 2:45 pm

@Ann2011: Yes, I did see Silver Linings Playbook. My mom laughed when Bradley Cooper's character starts crying over his wedding video because my mom hates men.

Returning to subject, I did get kicked out of a theater when I went to go see Toy Story 3 during its theatrical run.