guys, what makes you approach a woman

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 10:41 am

so guys here, when you approach a woman, what makes your decision to approach her.
what type of women do approach, how do you choose what women to talk to,
and why do you not approach some women at all. what do some women do to make
you not want to approach.

for me: sometimes I see a woman and she don't look very friendly, so I won't even
approach her

I very rarely approach very attractive women, I usually go after average looking,
slighty overweight, geeky looking women.

I can't approach women if she around alot of people.

for me to approach a woman, she can't look cranky or
have a ''don't bother me,look'' she has to look happy,
or at least not ''mad at society'' look

90% of women I approach, have been postitve. Very few women
I approach have been full out rude to me. ( mostly 19 year old)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 May 2013, 10:57 am

Why the gates of heaven of course! I'm just kidding. apparently I can only talk to women online and get 'em looking like that mindj or whatever her name is. purple wearing weave hunny, with a party girl attitude. I have very rarely approached one in her natural habitat.
(outdoors, on planet earth) that is. :wink:

Last edited by richardbenson on 10 May 2013, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 10:58 am

If we are friends, and I want to know what is going on with other friends.
If she is talking about a shared interest among a group of friends, which makes it easier to relate.
If she is walking a dog that is also cool, and I compliment them and their dog, they usually smile and say thanks, so maybe that would count
If she is a store employee, since a lot of store employee ladies are nice to me.
I would not if she was angry, or mean looking, or didn't feel safe if I approached

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2013, 1:54 pm

Basically, I just don't... or at least I never approach women (or anyone else) to flirt or socialize, unless I'm already involved with them. I only approach people I don't know well when I have a specific reason to talk to them (even with most people I know, I don't usually approach them without a particular reason). When other people approach me I can be friendly, though... although sometimes I have trouble keeping a conversation going. When there's someone new with a group of friends I'll sometimes start talking to them, usually by adding to whatever people were already talking about... and that has sometimes started things off pretty well.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 2:19 pm

What makes me approach a woman this days?
Most likely to less:
A) Im quite familiar with her and she is pretty nice so I try to go back to talking with her whenever I can(only 2 women fill this category right now)

B) I ve talked to her a few times and I know she wants to be talking to someone but she is on her own (i meet males and females at
conversational clubs this days if you dont want to be approached dont be there in the first place).

C) I know her from some sort of activity and she seemed nice enough so I figured I d say hi and see if she wants to talk or something.

D) I know she wants to be approached and she is by herself(this one usually involves my wingwoman having to push me to approach her)

E) In some rare occasions I get females asking me to approach them(interrupting my conversation with someone else to ask some personal questions, telling me to approach them by hand signs...) I tend to overlook them but if my wingwoman sees it I have to go approach them again.

Otherwise if someone wants to be approached they can make the effort of approaching me in the first place.
Up until recently I was stuck at c so Im making progress...

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 2:32 pm

I am decent at approaching women when I'm in the right mind-set, but it takes me a while to transition if I've been working on something else recently. Generally I only approach women if I already know something about them and I have a few minutes to prepare, otherwise I will forget how to smile. I think nerdy women are attractive. The past several I've approached shared engineering classes with me. I do not like competition so I will not approach any woman who already has several male conversation partners. I am much more likely to approach very physically attractive women. I have to overcome so many mental obstacles to do it right that approaching beautiful women does not seem that much harder than approaching ordinary looking women. Although I'm not that picky; I think a lot of women I meet are very pretty.

A lot of times when I approach women I am under the impression that they think that I would like to instantly have sex upon contact, which is not the case, and makes things extraordinarily difficult for me. I always look for someone I could be in a relationship with, which means I usually don't have enough information when I first approach someone But like I said they usually think that I already do have enough information, so even if it looks like they like me, they make learning even basic things about them a game. Often I get tired of it and I give up.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2013, 2:42 pm

A certain feature I find really appealing like her eyes or hair, and inviting body language.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2013, 2:56 pm

To be truthful I consider myself so creepy (and not really attractive enough to make up for it) that I spare them the hassle or the awkwardness of being approached by me.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 3:56 pm

I don't really understand why someone would not approach the women they find most attractive, but be willing to approach other women.

I go straight for the woman I find most attractive. I'd feel terrible if my partner thought there were more attractive people out there, but settled for me because she thought she couldn't do better. So I refuse to do that to any potential partner. Tough I guess I'm more willing to settle if I'm just looking for sex. And different people find different things attractive. Sure, hotties #1-9 might think I'm not even worth speaking to. But, for all I know, hottie #10 might think I'm the sexiest thing she's ever seen.

Basically, what I'll do if I see a woman I'm attracted to is keep glancing over at her. Sometimes, I'll catch her glancing back at me. Then I go by her facial expression; if she smiles when that happens, I'll go for it. If not, I'll assume she's not interested and move on.

It's easier in places where approaching women is expected. Bars, clubs and the like. Don't like the places themselves, desperately dislike them in fact, but a much higher percentage of the women there are looking to meet someone. And the ones who aren't looking know that those are the socially accepted times and places for men to approach women and, as such, tend not to react too poorly even when they turn you down.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 4:00 pm

mds_02 wrote:
I don't really understand why someone would not approach the women they find most attractive, but be willing to approach other women.

I go straight for the woman I find most attractive. I'd feel terrible if my partner thought there were more attractive people out there, but settled for me because she thought she couldn't do better. So I refuse to do that to any potential partner. Tough I guess I'm more willing to settle if I'm just looking for sex. And different people find different things attractive. Sure, hotties #1-9 might think I'm not even worth speaking to. But, for all I know, hottie #10 might think I'm the sexiest thing she's ever seen.

Basically, what I'll do if I see a woman I'm attracted to is keep glancing over at her. Sometimes, I'll catch her glancing back at me. Then I go by her facial expression; if she smiles when that happens, I'll go for it. If not, I'll assume she's not interested and move on.

It's easier in places where approaching women is expected. Bars, clubs and the like. Don't like the places themselves, desperately dislike them in fact, but a much higher percentage of the women there are looking to meet someone. And the ones who aren't looking know that those are the socially accepted times and places for men to approach women and, as such, tend not to react too poorly even when they turn you down.

Your brilliance and code of honor has made me smile once again! You da man! Good luck, I hope you get married someday!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 7:02 pm

I am missing the thingie that enables me to approach any woman.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2013, 7:22 pm

When I approach a woman it's generally from behind with a club. But in all seriousness I can't really explain how I approach women.

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 7:27 pm

I'm kinda the same as Ferrus91. I'm considered creepy at first glance even, so I spare women the umbrage/boredom/awkwardness.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2013, 8:39 pm

If I think she's hot, I go right for it.

LOL JK

In reality though, by the time I have any romantic or sexual interest in any woman, I'm pretty far inside the friend zone. It's only happened a few times that I've been able to actually just think she's hot and go right for it, usually when I'm pretty intoxicated, and I've never managed to do that correctly.... so YEAH