The Middle Eastern Thread (RE:RE: How to talk to Asian Gals)

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 4:04 pm

Old jazz and blues are goooood.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 4:11 pm

BanjoGirl wrote:

But a lack of individuality doesn't, it's boring - I swear they have the same taste in fashion too (typically the beret, the kufiyyeh, baggy hippie-like or the red scarf on the forehead/neck. )

Almost same music, same type of arts, same political opinion, same love for smoking, same lifestyle, same places.

You know few, you know them all.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 4:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:

But a lack of individuality doesn't - I swear they have the same taste in fashion too.

Same music, same arts, same political opinion, same love for smoking, same lifestyle, same places.

Yes, that's for sure, if they listen jazz and blues because this is the demand of their "urban tribe", that's quite depressing.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 5:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Funnily, I got along the least with ATHEIST/Agnostic women despite me being atheist, I have yet to meet a local atheist woman who is not: 1) Radical communist/Leftist 2) Hashish smoker 3) smoker of all other stuff 4) loves the same kind of music as the next communist (jazz, blues, and other local communist musicians) 5) animal party/pub 6) Militant atheist 7) Overall crazy.

I think what you are describing is not Atheists, but your average pretentious liberal arts major. I find that if something is "out of the mainstream," there will be a great deal of people who follow it but keep their heads down, as it's socially unacceptable, and a small minority that wear it like a badge of honor. The thing is, with this minority, they tend to be the kind that's rebelling against a thoroughly conventional upbringing.

The whole "beret, cigarette, reefer, jazz" thing has been a part of anti-establishment fashion since the fifties. The Beats, 80's European Marxists, etc. It's the biggest cliche in the world.

As far as #4 goes... over here Communists mostly love the Clash and Rage Against the Machine. Maybe the movement's been around long enough over here to grow some taste.

God, I hate Jazz.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 5:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Guys, are you sure their eyes are genuinely beautiful to you and not due to mascara tricks? Thick black mascara is commonly used by them.

Not every one was wearing mascara, but I can usually tell who does. Looks nice either way.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 5:23 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
In general, and in my opinion, Christian Middle Eastern girls are some of the worst to date (I'm excluding Israeli girls because I have no idea). Too traditional (care way too much about impressing their patriarchs), often religious in an extremist manner (I don't mean they have strong sincere faith but just that they tend to be narrow-minded), too materialistic, and focus is on getting married and having kids regardless of love for the spouse.

I just don't agree with their mentality, and I'm happy my sister isn't becoming like them.

I got along best with Christians - just went out with 3, a Maronite, an Armenian Catholic and Orthodox well, they were very liberal/moderate otherwise they wouldn't have dated me - probably that's why. On okcupid, I don't contact women with any serious faith.

Funnily, I got along the least with ATHEIST/Agnostic women despite me being atheist, I have yet to meet a local atheist woman who is not: 1) Radical communist/Leftist 2) Hashish smoker 3) smoker of all other stuff 4) loves the same kind of music as the next communist (jazz, blues, and other local communist musicians) 5) animal party/pub 6) Militant atheist 7) Overall crazy.

The woman I am currently talking with now is Christian too, hope she doesn't turn out like the way you're saying :roll:

I noticed that too. they seem to go to extreme leftist. It is like they are convinced they will do it better THIS TIME.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 5:28 pm

appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fire in the hole!! !

*boooom*

Oh crap, not this sh** again.

Well, things are getting racial lately..... Asian, Native Americans....maybe later Eskimos too, so it's the Middle Eastern turn!

Post anything about Middle Easterns and dating, this means all of ... well, Middle East or Middle Easterners living in your areas.
Post pics, share stories, and give tips, but be ...be whatever you want.

Boo, technically, Native Americans includes any ethnicities present in North & South America before Leaf Ericson, and their descendants.
So that means Eskimos too.

Techincally, Asia's Middle Easterners are Asians too.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 6:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fire in the hole!! !

*boooom*

Well, things are getting racial lately..... Asian, Native Americans....maybe later Eskimos too, so it's the Middle Eastern turn!

Post anything about Middle Easterns and dating, this means all of ... well, Middle East or Middle Easterners living in your areas.

Boo, technically, Native Americans includes any ethnicities present in North & South America before Leaf Ericson, and their descendants.

Technically the people who came over the Bering Sea ice bridge during the ice age were both our ancestors, can I call you cousin Boo?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 7:45 pm

I dont like jazz,or berets,ugh. I'm sure my friend's brother was not wearing mascara.I think I would have noticed that,they both had the dark sloe-eyes, she did use some mascara, but it looked like her lashes were naturally thick.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 8:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
In general, and in my opinion, Christian Middle Eastern girls are some of the worst to date (I'm excluding Israeli girls because I have no idea). Too traditional (care way too much about impressing their patriarchs), often religious in an extremist manner (I don't mean they have strong sincere faith but just that they tend to be narrow-minded), too materialistic, and focus is on getting married and having kids regardless of love for the spouse.

I just don't agree with their mentality, and I'm happy my sister isn't becoming like them.

I got along best with Christians - just went out with 3, a Maronite, an Armenian Catholic and Orthodox well, they were very liberal/moderate otherwise they wouldn't have dated me - probably that's why. On okcupid, I don't contact women with any serious faith.

The woman I am currently talking with now is Christian too, hope she doesn't turn out like the way you're saying :roll:

If she's liberal/moderate, I think you should be safe.

The ones I'm talking happen to be "mit3asbeen deeneeyyan" even though they don't have a sincere faith. And they also have to be a strong blind follower of some political party in Lebanon (whether the Lebanese forces or the SSNP or whatever).

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 9:06 pm

So find a Middle Eastern girl who will yell at me for eating meat on Wednesdays or Fridays instead of an American girl who will want me to go to McDonalds with her on Wednesdays and Fridays?

anneya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 May 2013, 9:52 pm

I am often mistaken for middle eastern/lebanese/moroccan/greek/turk/spanish/maltese because of my colouring. My origins are kind of indian though!

I love middle eastern culture the food, language, the passion, sincerity, emotional dramatics, all of it! . I lived with non muslim palestinians and egyptians for years. Coptics I found a bit segregated and discriminatory against other faiths, but most of the time everyone practiced their faith with tolerance to others. I have visited loads of middle eastern countries and I dated an arab for about 6 months (lebanese) very nice guy- we broke up cos he moved because of his job and we wanted different things.

In short, I think that part of the world is very intriguing, good and bad and the beauty found there is very rich and flavorsome. The language is enchanting.

Am just sad I didn't visit Syria in time as its now destroyed.

Last edited by anneya on 12 May 2013, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

boywonder
Raven
Raven

12 May 2013, 12:37 am

gingas with freckles and me go nuts

Last edited by boywonder on 12 May 2013, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 5:05 am

appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fire in the hole!! !

*boooom*

Technically the people who came over the Bering Sea ice bridge during the ice age were both our ancestors, can I call you cousin Boo?

Technically....

I am your... father!!

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 5:38 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fire in the hole!! !

*boooom*

Technically....

I am your... father!!

Noo, it's Darth Boo!! !

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 10:21 am

I am very interested in Middle Eastern culture. Especially after visiting India and seeing all the monuments the Mughals left behind.