Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2013, 7:10 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6WZf8Ho0RM[/youtube]

The game takes place during 1960 in an alternate history world where the Nazis won World War II. Players assume the role of series protagonist William "B.J." Blazkowicz and are tasked with launching an "impossible counter-offensive" against the Nazi powers that have taken over the world. Set in Europe, The New Order will have players infiltrating Nazi strongholds and battling legions of enemies, while taking control of "super weapons" that the Nazis have used to dominate Earth. MachineGames have confirmed that Wolfenstein: The New Order will be single-player-only experience. {don't Whine beacues there no Multiplayer }

and as a Wolfenstein fan i can't wait to play it

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 9:50 am

Looks cool, it's too bad the trailer doesn't reveal any kind of gameplay. I would be bummed if it's mainly against robots, I prefer killing the human Nazis just like in Wolfenstein 3d!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 10:12 am

AspergerGamer64 wrote:
MachineGames have confirmed that Wolfenstein: The New Order will be single-player-only experience. {don't Whine beacues there no Multiplayer }

RtCW's multiplayer was a completely seperate game, anyway.

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2013, 10:28 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
AspergerGamer64 wrote:
MachineGames have confirmed that Wolfenstein: The New Order will be single-player-only experience. {don't Whine beacues there no Multiplayer }

RtCW's multiplayer was a completely seperate game, anyway.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was a multiplayer-only spinoff and i kown Return to Castle Wolfenstein has its own multiplayer mode aswell

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 12:26 pm

KF2M
Raven
Raven

11 May 2013, 8:04 pm

Hope it doesn't suck like Duke Nuke'm.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 6:08 am

KF2M wrote:
Hope it doesn't suck like Duke Nuke'm.
At least it won't be over 10 years in development which makes it look dated. It's being made by Bethesda which IMO have released very decent games in the last 5 years. No worries!....I hope.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 11:01 am

I would prefer Doom 4 but I have a feeling thats not going to happen now. Oh well, Wolfenstein would be my second choice, just hope its better than Wolfenstein (2009). Which wasn't really a bad game, just seemed like the gameplay was already dated when it came out.

Andras wrote:
It's being made by Bethesda which IMO have released very decent games in the last 5 years.

I agree, Fallout 3 and Skyrim are totally awesome

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 9:04 pm

Andras wrote:
It's being made by Bethesda...

Bethesda are the publishers.

It's being made by MachineGames, which is a newer company comprised of ex-Starbreeze folk (they made The Darkness and those two Riddick games).

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2013, 9:30 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Andras wrote:

It's being made by MachineGames, which is a newer company comprised of ex-Starbreeze folk (they made The Darkness and those two Riddick games).

Does anyone here remember Brink? I think that game's failure proves that Bethesda is very capable of suffering the same pitfalls of other publishers. Their less likely to do something stupid, but that doesn't make them infallible.

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2013, 4:45 am

TheBraveSirRobin wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Andras wrote:

Does anyone here remember Brink? I think that game's failure proves that Bethesda is very capable of suffering the same pitfalls of other publishers. Their less likely to do something stupid, but that doesn't make them infallible.

oh don't get me started on Brink

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 5:16 am

Don't get me started on Bethesda :|

:oops:

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 5:00 pm

Never played Brink and judging by the reactions I'm rather lucky I haven't. :P

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Andras wrote:

Whoops, my bad. I actually meant publisher in my previous post. I really liked the games Bethesda published lately..... at least the ones I played.

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Don't get me started on Bethesda :|
Can you explain me why? I'm just being curious! :)

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2013, 7:45 pm

Hm. If Bethesda actually developed this... an open-world Wolfenstein RPG would be interesting, to say the least.

I remember loading up the old shareware disc and blasting through the shareware episode of Wolfenstein. This was back in the DOS days -- we had a shareware CD with hundreds of games and I think I played them all. The original Wolfenstein is a classic. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure whether it would survive the big AAA action game machine. Who knows, though!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 8:20 pm

Andras wrote:
Can you explain me why? I'm just being curious! :)

You asked for it... =)

As a developer, most of their games are uninteresting to me, and the ones that do interest me are far too buggy and/or ugly to be enjoyable.

As a publisher, they have a few gems (including the super awesome Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth), but they do a piss-poor job of promoting the games they publish, and those devs certainly don't last long =/

I fear for id Software...I never understood why they would merge with Zenimax in the first place, and now after RAGE sold so poorly, I can only see it going downhill from here...

<rant>Also, I kind of have a grudge against them for pretending to make a third Fallout game, sueing Interplay for trying to make a real Fallout game (albiet an MMO, IIRC?), and forcing Obsidian to use their buggy/ugly proprietary engine for New Vegas instead of a good one.</rant>