Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Cadagan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2013, 7:45 am

I just feel like discussing honour, It's practically what I've lived my life on for a long time, I'm obsessed with it and I apply it to every situation I see.

But I'm not talking about "I lost a battle and my honour, I must die for the shame is too much"
It's more like, Pure Morality alongside absolute Discipline. Things like Treating your worst enemy with respect, not stooping to petty insults, doing something bad if it has to be done, but doing it as kindly as possible.

I can get insulted, mocked and bullied, but as long as I act within the bounds of "Honourably" I can feel good. Such as not giving the same back to them, or if required, simply making them stop, not in a way that would make ME feel better, but in a way in which the goal is only to make them stop.
It just feels like people seem to think, "He did this to me therefore I am in my rights to do something to him"
Yes, you are. but then what? No-one got anything out of it, infact by doing that you've made things worse for both of you just to get your "Fix" of revenge. And yet there is literally a cliche we tell our CHILDREN "Two wrongs don't make a right" And yet people do this all the time! Even the law does it.
if someone damages your Car, you take money from them. Two wrongs?

I've met Gays, Asexuals, Bisexuals, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, and people of Many ethnicities, and the ONLY time I've ever looked down on someone is when they are acting in a Dishonourable way, such as if someone Trips over, instead of helping them, they are just amused.
I even have a christian friend who is Homophobic (due to her belief in the bible), but she doesn't act on it, and tries her best to accept people anyway, and in that sense she is being Honourable about her intolerances, a difficult thing to do.

I've told a few people about this view on life and they seem to enjoy it, I'd like to know what Aspies think though :)

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 10:31 am

I also believe in the honor that you speak of. A lot of people think it means you are a pushover, however, one can dismantle and enemy (if necessary and called for) without being dramatic about it.

The Bushido code is important to me.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 10:55 am

Honor is bullsh*t.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 5:37 pm

I try to live honestly and with offering a helping hand, and I try to instill these notions in my daughter. I never thought of it as living up to a specific code of honor though. Rather, I just see it as doing the right thing.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 6:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Rather, I just see it as doing the right thing.

Now you have it. Good fellow.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 8:02 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Rather, I just see it as doing the right thing.

Now you have it. Good fellow.

ruveyn

8)