Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 6:01 pm

I am ressurecting this thread because I did something that I knew would kill it, and i shouldn't have...kablam! back to life thread..! !

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 6:19 pm

I'm sun sign Virgo, with Libra Rising and a void Taurus moon.
My sun is in the eleventh house of Aquarius, even though in my horoscope using the Placedius House system, Virgo is on the cusp. My sun is close to the cusp of house number twelve, but not close enough to count as being "on the cusp". I don't like what I read about Virgos much, so I tend to discount my sun sign description.
My rising sign is Libra at nine degrees. I have three planets, Mercury, Jupiter, and Uranus conjunct the cusp from house twelve. All are in Libra.
I don't mind the Libra description. My personality is supposed to be balanced, not too emotional. I am conscientious about clothing and appearance too. I may appear detached. I am supposed to value partnerships.
Moon in Taurus is the sign of it's exaltation, meaning it's at it's best in Taurus. In my horoscope, it's in the house of it's fall, house number eight, which belongs to Scorpio. Since Libra is rising in my horoscope, the signs are on the houses opposite their own. I think it weakens the entire chart.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:45 pm

Astrology is ancient astonomy so it is a good place to start if you are interested in star-gazing and understanding the roots of the modern science.
It used to provide good pick-up lines at one time so it does have some practical applications in society.

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2009, 8:47 pm

New age spiritualism in any form is just as flawed as any world religion.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:51 pm

There is no such thing as 'new' of anything.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:36 pm

Taurus, moon in Sag, Leo rising.

ImMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2009, 2:33 pm

I was interested in this for awhile. I learned about some of the different systems, Wiccan astrology, how the planets have changed alignment since when the Mayans first, supposedly, created Astrology or something.

Basically it didn't make sense to me either, but I ended up deciding if astrology has any truth to it then it would only exist in Vedic astrology because the Vedic system accounts for the changes in planetary alignments that western astrology ignores.

So my basic Vedic chart ended up being

Ascendant Pisces or Aries, since I couldn't get an exact birth time. But I go with pisces since aries
doesn't fit at all.
Sun Sagitarius
Moon Aquarius
Mars Aquarius
Mercury Scorpio
Jupiter Sagitarius
Venus Capricorn
Saturn Scorpio
Rahu Taurus
Ketu Scorpio

And Vedic astrology puts more emphasis on your ascendant and moon sign than anything else, which for me makes sense when I consider my personality; I really don't identify with sagittarius except for my philosophical nature that questions everyone's motives and reasons for being and possibly my concern for more objective truth above everything else. But then again I can simultaneously be very subjective and tend to lean on the subjective thoughts when looking for solutions involving people. I also believe that every human being is an individual from which rules should be sometimes considered to be subjectively temporarily dismissed or broken based on the essence of the person. One rule should not or ever fit all when we are a purely subjective existence, as far as humanity goes. Maybe that's why I hate people who try to enforce tradition for the sake of tradition only.

Oh, but back on topic.

So I've kind of went along with being an Aquarius moon and a pisces ascendant person and accepted that as a good enough explanation as far as astrology could be concerned.

And, umm, just for fun in Chinese astrology I'm a winter wood rat.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 5:11 am

alba wrote:
<--------astrologer

there are a few of us here @ WP.

It would be my pleasure to take questions any of you may have and answer them to the best of my ability. I've been at this for 40 years now.

this is my chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3 ... 1229347691

Could you do a basic reading?

alba
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 6:52 pm

^^^
the link to your chart didn't work

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 6:57 pm

Linking is way more complicated than astology.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 10:12 pm

^^
Gary you are one funny guy..

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 10:57 pm

I'm a libra. I love my sign. I also see Scorpio women to stand out of a crowd, like their sign is obvious enough to make me believe astrological sun signs can reveal parts of the personality, but most studies do not show a correlation. One study did, but it was biased as the entire sample came from people requesting an astrological chart of some sort. Anyway, the studies have yet to prove a correlation, but they also have yet to disprove it. I think the main problem was the approach in most studies. When I took a research methods course, my group did this as a study. But we could only survey classmates as we weren't trying to get (is it IRB?) approval...the board that approves the study to be endorsed by your college for you to sample other people. Anyway, the stats didn't prove it, but I think it was either the person who handled the stats portion might have made a mistake in the math, or it just wasn't a large enough sample size. Why? I'll tell you.

I surveyed first before deciding which signs to go with. But either way, about half the people in my class were earth signs. The other half were other signs (fire, air, and water). I also asked them to take a personality test... Lowry’s True Colors personality assessment. The way that worked was personalities were divided into colors. Green was the thinking color similar to the air. Blue was feeling color similar to the water. Orange was the adventure color similar to the fire. Gold was the organizing color similar to earth. Most other studies I read had used Myers Briggs. Anyway, I had people rank their colors in personality with the scoring. So you weren't just all green. You'd be majority green, then blue , etc. So, the people that were earth signs pretty much all had gold as their dominant personality color. The people who weren't earth signs pretty much had other colors, which if I remember correctly seemed to match their horoscope as well. Anyway, the actual results looked like it was going to prove it, but when the t-tests were done, I guess it wasn't enough. I still wonder how that study would perform with a huge sample.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 3:22 am

alba wrote:
^^^
the link to your chart didn't work

sorry so i will give you my details..

date:29/10/1991
Time 23/59
place. Bournemouth, dorset UK