Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2005, 8:01 am

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
It's .... against most religions that I know of.

As ringing an endorsement for the validity of astronomy as any I have ever heard.....

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2005, 11:13 am

Wow....I feel wrong. Anyways, I was refering to most mainstream religions. Jews, Christians, Catholics. As for why it is against these religions, maybe because if God wanted to tell us our future, it wouldn't be told in the stars.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2005, 7:30 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Wow....I feel wrong. Anyways, I was refering to most mainstream religions. Jews, Christians, Catholics. As for why it is against these religions, maybe because if God wanted to tell us our future, it wouldn't be told in the stars.

Actually, astronomy is against those religions because it is a spiritual belief system outside of the direct control of the forces that control those religions - they have a monopoly to maintain you know.....

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2005, 9:02 pm

My sun sign Virgo damm it. In fact a lot of my aspie traits have been pointed out as Virgo traits to me throughout my life.
I went through a stage of studying western astrology and writing up birth charts for friends. I like to get involved with whatever it is that has captured my interest. This way I can get right to the core of things and decide from there, wether they are right for me or not.
I found astology extremely accurate when done correctly. I would not write up any ones chart who does not know their time of birth. Without it the chart is inaccurate as far as I am concerned. That's what makes newpaper sun sign generalizations so wishy-washy. Each chart is like a finger print, and needs to have every aspect written into it of each planet. People's sun sign only covers the external representation of a person. (What is presented to others and what actions you take). The stronger sign is the Accendant which is calculated from the time of birth. This represents who we are on the inside. Our inner self.

I don't quite understand what makes a well written chart so accurate. But then I don't understand why the moon makes the tides go in and out either. I think the answer to the latter, is the answer to the former.

ElmFan :P

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 6:05 am

Sarcastic_Name wrote:

In the bible, god told the future by signs aswell by profits, but yes most religions are against it.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 6:22 am

I'm an Aries, my rising sign is Leo.

Totally me.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:02 am

<--------astrologer

there are a few of us here @ WP.

It would be my pleasure to take questions any of you may have and answer them to the best of my ability. I've been at this for 40 years now.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:11 am

vetivert wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
It's a waste of time and against most religions that I know of.

really? now, i know of western astrology - which was part of natural philosophy for the ancient civilisations - and then there's vedic astrology, which is connected to eastern spirituality through hinduism (i believe), and then there's mayan astrology, which is to do with latin american spiritual paths... i could go on. what religions is astrology against, sarcastic_name? and do you know why?

Not to mention the role the 3 Magi play in Christianity. The Magi were Persian Astrologers, that is, they came from what is now Iran to predict the birth of a messiah and to offer their humble gifts in honor of a great presence who would dwell among us.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:20 am

ElfMan wrote:
My sun sign Virgo damm it. In fact a lot of my aspie traits have been pointed out as Virgo traits to me throughout my life.
I went through a stage of studying western astrology and writing up birth charts for friends. I like to get involved with whatever it is that has captured my interest. This way I can get right to the core of things and decide from there, wether they are right for me or not.
I found astology extremely accurate when done correctly. [b]I would not write up any ones chart who does not know their time of birth/b]. Without it the chart is inaccurate as far as I am concerned. That's what makes newpaper sun sign generalizations so wishy-washy. Each chart is like a finger print, and needs to have every aspect written into it of each planet. People's sun sign only covers the external representation of a person. (What is presented to others and what actions you take). The stronger sign is the Accendant which is calculated from the time of birth. This represents who we are on the inside. Our inner self.

I don't quite understand what makes a well written chart so accurate. But then I don't understand why the moon makes the tides go in and out either. I think the answer to the latter, is the answer to the former.

Virgo is far and away my favorite sign, followed by Libra a distant second, not even close...

About time of birth...I usually take people's word for it. Some astrologers want to see the paper* before they will spend their time and energy on a chart.

*birth certificate with time of birth recorded, it is generally accepted as being the most accurate time you're going to get. if there is discrepancy between birth certificate and mother's recollection, i tend to go with the mother...

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:32 am

You know, I always thought it'd be way cool to be able to give people cancer with a touch of my hand.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:32 am

Dunnow...I was raised by people who believe in it...I might believe in it just a little bit. I have known too many stingy scorpios and jeckyl and hyde Geminis and whatnot.... :roll:

I am a leo...all of my leo qualities are not visible to the naked eye most of the time, but they are there.

Most of the other Leos I have met have been a lot more outgoing than me.

I like the Chinese zodiac too. I am a rabbit.

so I am a LionRabbit

there is something that I think is kinda neet about that.

My moon is in Aquarius...I tend to gravitate towards Aquarians. I really admire them..I see certain traits that seem to repeat themselves in Aquarians I have known...

My rising sign is Gemini.

blah blah...

alba
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 10:02 am

Well Poopy, I thoroughly enjoy your posts and find your general outlook on things refreshingly upbeat. Even in the midst of overwhelming problems, you seem sunny and optimistic...an underlying unshakable confidence permeates your writing style. Very Leo-ish.

IMHO, Virgo is the most intelligent sun sign but Gemini is the most intelligent rising sign. Virgo rising is intelligent, Gemini rising is brilliant.

Sun in Leo and Moon in Aquarius means you were born at the full moon. In Vedic astrology this is the best of all possible worlds [full-moon-wise]. In Vedic, moon is all important and a full moon birth is extraordinarily auspicious. You care about people and wish to see them happy and fulfilled, no matter who they are.

A lion rabbit may play a huge role in what the bible refers to as the lion lying down with the lamb in peace. I think that's the bible, not sure. You are perhaps a gifted peacemaker.

Last edited by alba on 27 Mar 2009, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 10:10 am

LOL poopie, that reminds me of a book called Born on a "Rotten Day"- by Hazel Dixon-Cooper. It gives the rotten side to each horoscope and funny as hell!

Ok, Aquarius and moon in Pisces.

There are many aspects I relate in this sign such as the disorders of exaltation and madness. :twisted:

Also there does seem to be a lot of inner confliction with me when it comes to status quo and freedom!

Not sure I believe in it but I've always been interested in astrology.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 10:16 am

I have little interest in astrology,

save for the fact i am PURE BIG CAT......Leo Tiger.

(reaow, she says, claw hand raised in the air.)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 10:26 am

Ghosthunter wrote:
WHAT IS YOUR HOROSCOPE SIGN AND HOW DOES
IT BENEFIT, OR NOT BENEFIT YOU?

Thelev, the Weaver.

It makes no difference what a person's sign is, as there is no valid claim that can be made in Astrology's favor - except that it can be profitable for those with no conscience when it comes to cheating people out of their money.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 10:48 am

alba wrote:
You care about people and wish to see them happy and fulfilled, no matter who they are.

Yep...that is true... :wink:

And I am certainly about making peace.

I continue to have plenty dysfunctions though... :roll:

Thanks Alba..I am flattered.. :wink:

Perhaps having a sort of strong zodiac makeup has helped me persevere moreso than i would have been able to do otherwise.

(astrology naysayers may start pelting me with stones now)