Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Wivil
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2013, 7:04 am

God says it is wrong to be LGBT or anything in between....but some Christians/Luthurans/Catholics(etc.) just are and cant help it. It can be hard, if your a Chrisitan or from any religion that says it is wrong or just want to express your opinion feel free to comment, share your feelings and give advice to others. :)

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 7:14 am

If it helps you, according to christian catholic believes it is not wrong to be LBGT, its "only" wrong to do actions in LBGT way. So not being homosexual is the sin, but having sex with the same sex. And if it helps you: Everybody sins somehow. There is noone without a sin. The next christian who will blame you for being homosexual, you could simply ask if he eats normal (not fair trade) chocolate. If he does, to 66% he supports children slavery at west africa. (Yop, really.) So from my oppinion, supporting children slavery for the advantage of eating cheap chocolate is the much bigger sin, then having sex with an adult person of the same sex that agrees to it. Simply try your best to live your live in a good way, and see that the positive sides of you weight more, then the negative ones. :) Thats what everyone else does too. :)

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 7:36 am

I still would find that position immoral. So in other words, the only options for LBGT people is to either have sex with a gender that they're not attracted to or not have sex at all? Sorry, that still sounds bigoted to me.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 7:44 am

Schneekugel wrote:
If it helps you, according to christian catholic believes it is not wrong to be LBGT, its "only" wrong to do actions in LBGT way. So not being homosexual is the sin, but having sex with the same sex. And if it helps you: Everybody sins somehow. There is noone without a sin. The next christian who will blame you for being homosexual, you could simply ask if he eats normal (not fair trade) chocolate. If he does, to 66% he supports children slavery at west africa. (Yop, really.) So from my oppinion, supporting children slavery for the advantage of eating cheap chocolate is the much bigger sin, then having sex with an adult person of the same sex that agrees to it. Simply try your best to live your live in a good way, and see that the positive sides of you weight more, then the negative ones. :) Thats what everyone else does too. :)

"Everybody sins somehow" is a sure philosophy to aid your descent. First you think, 'everyone sins anyway and God is merciful, I'll let myself have some fun here' and once that's done you go 'there can be no forgiveness for what I've done' and you continue falling downwards.

That said, being LGBT and being Christian is a problem neither Christians nor the LGBT community wish to address, as the former have the habit of arguing that queerness is destroying family, and the LGBT don't consider Christian queers into consideration because they're literally forced out of the church like an infestation of lice, which clearly doesn't help those who identify as Christians and suffer from queerness (some do not perceive this as painful and a thing that one suffers from; however, these aren't the people we're talking about here either).

But indeed, humanity lies in sin and some are tougher to overcome and bear than others; yours is one of them. Remember that God doesn't test you with more than you can withstand.

Jono wrote:
I still would find that position immoral. So in other words, the only options for LBGT people is to either have sex with a gender that they're not attracted to or not have sex at all? Sorry, that still sounds bigoted to me.

If you do not consider a Christian, you (should) have no reason to pay attention.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 7:50 am

Jono wrote:

You understood me wrong. As I said, there is noone living without a sin, and still a lot of people think that they will go to heaven. So if LBGT is a sin or not, in the christian oppinion I think having sex with a grown up agreeing partner of the same sex is a very minor sin (From my personal view, it isnt a sin anyway.), because noone is hurted by that, while lots of typical everyday sins do hurt people. So if you can go to heaven, supporting child slavery, then I dont think you will get thrown out simply for loving an adult agreeing person. ^^

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 11:22 am

I'm asexual and agendered. That puts me into the LGBTQA community. I'm also Christian.
I don't think I even have the opportunity to sin

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 6:07 am

Wivil wrote:
God says it is wrong to be LGBT or anything in between....but some Christians/Luthurans/Catholics(etc.) just are and cant help it. It can be hard, if your a Chrisitan or from any religion that says it is wrong or just want to express your opinion feel free to comment, share your feelings and give advice to others. :)

You know, God didn't say that. The bible said that and the bible is written by men. The bible is a product of it's time and should be viewed as such. There are certain christian congregations who readily accept LGBT-people. I'm a lesbian and I do believe in God.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 7:11 am

Heidi80 wrote:
Wivil wrote:

You know, God didn't say that. The bible said that and the bible is written by men. The bible is a product of it's time and should be viewed as such. There are certain christian congregations who readily accept LGBT-people. I'm a lesbian and I do believe in God.

Yes it was a guidebook of its time-consider it the Poor Richards almanac of it's day-it has been edited to suit the times and to try to keep people down and under control-many of the things in it were tailored for the survival of people back then and to grow the population and to make sure you could survive but we now live in the 21st century and we have technology now that can help us survive like electricity and refrigeration and medicine-things they really did not have in those times when men wrote the bible.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 4:45 pm

Jono wrote:

Well, isn’t the Christian position on sex pretty much “the less sex, the better”?

Wivil

17 May 2013, 2:22 am

Jono wrote:

That is pretty much it, I told my mom and her first reaction was that she would rather I spend my life alone that be with someone of the same gender.Be with a guy or be alone.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 7:16 am

Wivil wrote:
Jono wrote:

That is pretty much it, I told my mom and her first reaction was that she would rather I spend my life alone that be with someone of the same gender.Be with a guy or be alone.

I'm sorry, but that was really rude of your mother to say. Everyone deserves the right to love who they love. My mum wasn't thrilled when I told her my partner was a woman but she's kind of come to terms with it .

Nascaireacht
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2013, 5:59 pm

You might like to watch this video http://matthewvines.tumblr.com/post/191 ... osexuality
Or read the transcript on the same page.

In it, he goes through the 6 verses that are the basis of most Christian objections to homosexuality as well as the general attitude of the Book of Genesis. I think he argues really well that the interpretation of those verses needn't be anti-gay. He says it better than me, though!

mrspotatohead
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2013, 1:24 am

My mom tells me it's okay for me to have sexual attraction to other women and that the act is a sin, but then since the Bible says that "a man shall not lie with another man as he does with a woman" and that is interpreted to apply to women sleeping with women, then isn't it also wrong to have sexual attraction? The Bible also says that "men" are not supposed to lust after anyone but their spouses... so, then, doesn't that disprove the idea that it's okay to look at other women as long as it's not acted upon? I'm an atheist, so I don't go with all that, but I was a Christian for a large chunk of my life, and it just seems odd to me that people are trying to draw meanings from certain parts without looking at other parts in the same light.

mrspotatohead
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2013, 1:26 am

TheValk wrote:
Remember that God doesn't test you with more than you can withstand.

Then, why do people often end up killing themselves?

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 5:12 am

mrspotatohead wrote:
TheValk wrote:
Remember that God doesn't test you with more than you can withstand.

Then, why do people often end up killing themselves?

They forget this piece of information.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 6:24 am

There are plenty of churches out there which don't believe homosexuality is a sin. Off the top of my head: The Metropolitan Church, United Church of Canada, Unitarian Universalists, Quakers (in some countries at least), and an increasing number of Anglicans.