Unsure or no opinion 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 3:08 pm

Quote:
Definitions of bullying:
Bullying may be defined as the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person.

Norwegian researcher Dan Olweus[8] says bullying occurs when a person is:
'exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more other persons'. He says negative actions occur 'when a person intentionally inflicts injury or discomfort upon another person, through physical contact, through words or in other ways.

By these definitions... bullying is identified and defined by intent, correct?

Wrongbilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2013, 3:29 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Quote:
Definitions of bullying:
Bullying may be defined as the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person.

This is just what you have done .. Repeatedly pointing out the shortfalls of another members posts. Bullying is the definition you have given it and is exactly what you have done.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 3:30 pm

Go check your inbox and please stop harassing me, wrongbilly

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 3:41 pm

For the record... on a thread about the definition of bullying... one of our members said the following

Quote:
"It's disrespectful behaviour designed to upset and humiliate a person."

Wrongbilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2013, 3:52 pm

Feralucce wrote:
For the record... on a thread about the definition of bullying... one of our members said the following
Quote:
"It's disrespectful behaviour designed to upset and humiliate a person."

Oh do stop acting the fool!! ! Is it not ALL retrospective? I told you that other members would feel bullied by your approach, it still stands! If you wish to carry it on then you can until the thread is closed or either one of us is banned from the forum. Your approach is seen by many as bullying , this is a consensus of more than a dozen members on forums from Autistic members. You will not get away with bullying however you word it, or however much you squirm. You were bullying another member. Simple answer is to stay on topic and not make personal address or find fault with people's style of posting.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 3:56 pm

I was quoting who you have accused me of bullying.

I issued a public apology... especially since it wasn't my intent.

I have asked you to stop harassing me. And now you are engaging in the behavior you accused me off. PLEASE STOP

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 4:00 pm

I saw the other thread and it looks like this one has been especially created to put down Wrongbilly even more...by asking an obvious question and having lots of answers "disagreeing" with Wrongbilly. I see that as bullying, I'm afraid.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 4:05 pm

I never put down wrongbilly... He was defending Nessa78...whom I have apologized to...

I put this up, honestly, to see if my perceptions of bullying, which are based on the definitions, were shared by other members... I am LITERALLY trying to understand... I use dictionary definitions, since I don't get the emotional connotations of words.

Wrongbilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2013, 4:07 pm

smudge wrote:
I saw the other thread and it looks like this one has been especially created to put down Wrongbilly even more...by asking an obvious question and having lots of answers "disagreeing" with Wrongbilly. I see that as bullying, I'm afraid.

Thank you for your support Smudge. ;)

Fera, I am not harassing you , I have said only three things in all of my posts, (1) Please stay on Topic. (2) You are acting in a bullying manner, please stop. (3) If you want to ignore me please stop posting.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 4:10 pm

wrongbilly: as with bullying...if it is perceived that way... it is... the definition of harassment
harassment (either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutory limitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me").

When I ask you to leave me alone... and you refuse... it becomes harassment. I have requested that you leave me be... you have refused... it is harassment.

Wrongbilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2013, 4:26 pm

In which case you are also guilty of the same. I have repeated my desire for you to stop posting and yet you do not. Determined to have the last word you will carry on all night if necessary. I feel harassed by your continuous replies and borish inability to admit that you are bullying even after two other members pointing it out.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 4:31 pm

Discussion of locked topics is discouraged.
They were locked for a reason.

We may unlock the original thread soon but someone has reported this thread and they have every right to do so.