Missing social cues vs. pissed off and not caring

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

15 May 2013, 11:27 pm

Has anyone engaged in the latter but was misread as doing the former? I don't think this happens any more much, but it used to happen all the time when I was a teen and younger adult.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 11:35 pm

You know what's really sweet? If you're thirsty, go to the super market, and buy a half gallon of chocolate milk or orange juice, and then go check it out and open the cap up in the store and start drinking it out of the bottle.

I'm not pissed when I do that, however, it's a cheaper way to buy orange juice or chocolate milk. So I just do stuff as it's convenient to me. If it's more convenient for me to break a social rule and get double the orange juice, you bet I'm doing it.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 11:43 pm

I do this sometimes, but not often. It's usually when it seems like someone is trying to play on my sympathies to get their way. If I recognize it then it must be pretty blatant, so I don't feel bad about it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 12:46 pm

I'm not oblivious to verbal or non-verbal social cues. I notice these things all the time, but sometimes I choose to ignore depending on what mood I'm in. I thought this was normal. Not everyone obeys every social cue all the time. If they did, this world would be a better place.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 2:07 pm

Actually, I get more unwarranted looks from people when I'm doing the former while being misread as doing the latter. Either way, the situation's annoying >__<

Then I have done my job