Page 85 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 93  Next

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2018, 5:01 pm

Yeah. I'm an otaku (anime fan).
My favorite anime series are the following
-Pokemon Indigo League
-Bakugan Battle Brawlers
-Hoshi No Kaabii
-Naruto Shippuden
-Elfen Lied
-Madoka Magica
-Cardfight Vanguard G
-Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
-Naruto
-Watamote
-Lucky Star

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2018, 8:48 am

I started a new anime this week called No.6, it’s a short series, only 11 episodes and I recommend watching it.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 2:21 am

Another villain song from Mermaid Melody I forgot about.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 12:11 pm

I never did go beyond Episode 17 of Neon Gen Eva. I didn't want to be depressed.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 7:11 pm

This is a wall in my house.

I also have posters from Code Geass and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I haven't been watching anime much recently, mostly just Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. I got a bit bored of the slime isekai and the zombie idol anime. But I've been reading a fair bit of light novels: The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria; My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong, As I Expected; I Want To Eat Your Pancreas; and Spice and Wolf. I loved I Want To Eat Your Pancreas and want to watch the film if I can, and I'd like to see the Spice and Wolf anime too at some point in the future - perhaps not so soon after reading the books though.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 7:27 am

Anyone else watched Hi Score Girl? it's a very emotional show at time.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:14 pm

I've made a list of anime to watch:

...I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Violet Evergarden
Princess Tutu
Madoka [maybe]
Spice and Wolf
Cowboy Bebop
Steins; Gate
Land of the Lustrous
Haibane Renmei
Serial Experiments Lain
The Ancient Magus' Bride
Bloom into You
Oh My Goddess
The Promised Neverland
Fruits Basket reboot
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season 2
A Silent Voice
Kamisama Kiss
One Punch Man

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 3:06 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I've made a list of anime to watch:

...I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Violet Evergarden
Princess Tutu
Madoka [maybe]
Spice and Wolf
Cowboy Bebop
Steins; Gate
Land of the Lustrous
Haibane Renmei
Serial Experiments Lain
The Ancient Magus' Bride
Bloom into You
Oh My Goddess
The Promised Neverland
Fruits Basket reboot
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season 2
A Silent Voice
Kamisama Kiss
One Punch Man

Would be nice to see a second season of Dragon Maid. Don't know if there will be one.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 10:52 am

^I read that season 2 is going to air in April.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 2:01 am

Wonder where you read that, I don't see that anywhere and myanimelist doesn't have a sequel listed.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 8:37 pm

I'm still hopeful for a second season. There's been a lot of rumours for it lately.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 12:04 am

It's been officially announced in the manga.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:56 am

The first forum I ever joined as a Yu-Gi-Oh! one, So long ago man..

I've moved on from that but I still really like anime. I will have far too much of my dork showing if I say more xD

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 2:44 am

Hopefully as far as sequels go, if still with KyoAni, it will be better than Free! Season 3, with the addition that Tsurune was also not very good.

Wait, have I talked about the new shows of this season? The Winter 2019 anime season.

Probably the highest acclaimed show of the season is The Promised Neverland. It works a bit off of twists, but it should be rather easy to pick up that it is a bit of a horror anime, and does so with a young cast, despite the fact that it is also a shounen anime, actually coming from Shounen Jump. It has been good, and people were excited for it.

The Rising Shield Hero also has some attention as pretty good, although a little bit of controversy with inclusions of delicate subjects, like false accusations and slavery. I do think it is good though, in such of how it doesn't feel like it takes the easy path of destined heroes, there being grey areas and maybe some bits of look of what should be expected of heroes.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War didn't appeal to me too much at first, but as it went on I have found it more and more funny. The basic premise is president and vice-president of an elite school think the other should date them (like each other), but both think that whoever confesses first will be in the lower rung of the relationship, so they have ridiculous games of trying to get the other to confess. In practice it is pretty funny, my favourite character being the third character a girl who has no idea but acts as a major wild card.

ENDRO! is maybe not the most exciting, but it is a cute, fun and easy fantasy show, that has done things a little different each episode, so it has felt creative.

My Roommate is a Cat has been a cute, funny and even thoughtful show about having a pet, and has managed to do it without being too sappy.

Meiji Tokyo Renka is a new reverse harem anime, and although it has had some troubling elements of the genre, I don't think it has been all bad. For me, these types of shows live and die by their heroine, whether she has agency for her situation, how she may react to guys forcing themselves on her, and if she actually has a personality or not. Mei does have a personality, with her own needs and desires (mostly around food, and being nice), with the most recent episode I think doing the best when sought out training.

I guess that the likes of WATATEN!: an Angel Flew Down on Me isn't going to be very popular, after all it could be described as being part of the loli genre, despite being pretty harmless. Sure on paper it sounds troubling that an adult emotionally stunted woman seems to have something like a crush on her sisters friend, but it has been pretty humorous in practice, and not as creepy as it may sound.

And there is Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka, which as cute as that sounds the magical girls are pretty much being treated like soldiers. It is actually pretty serious, with horrific things like gruesome death and PTSD.

There are plenty of noticeable sequels this season too, with the likes of Mob Psycho 100 season 2, Kemono Friends 2, and Date Alive III.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 2:44 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
It's been officially announced in the manga.

Yippee!! !! :D

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 4:10 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Hopefully as far as sequels go, if still with KyoAni, it will be better than Free! Season 3, with the addition that Tsurune was also not very good.

Wait, have I talked about the new shows of this season? The Winter 2019 anime season.

Probably the highest acclaimed show of the season is The Promised Neverland. It works a bit off of twists, but it should be rather easy to pick up that it is a bit of a horror anime, and does so with a young cast, despite the fact that it is also a shounen anime, actually coming from Shounen Jump. It has been good, and people were excited for it.

The Rising Shield Hero also has some attention as pretty good, although a little bit of controversy with inclusions of delicate subjects, like false accusations and slavery. I do think it is good though, in such of how it doesn't feel like it takes the easy path of destined heroes, there being grey areas and maybe some bits of look of what should be expected of heroes.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War didn't appeal to me too much at first, but as it went on I have found it more and more funny. The basic premise is president and vice-president of an elite school think the other should date them (like each other), but both think that whoever confesses first will be in the lower rung of the relationship, so they have ridiculous games of trying to get the other to confess. In practice it is pretty funny, my favourite character being the third character a girl who has no idea but acts as a major wild card.

ENDRO! is maybe not the most exciting, but it is a cute, fun and easy fantasy show, that has done things a little different each episode, so it has felt creative.

My Roommate is a Cat has been a cute, funny and even thoughtful show about having a pet, and has managed to do it without being too sappy.

Meiji Tokyo Renka is a new reverse harem anime, and although it has had some troubling elements of the genre, I don't think it has been all bad. For me, these types of shows live and die by their heroine, whether she has agency for her situation, how she may react to guys forcing themselves on her, and if she actually has a personality or not. Mei does have a personality, with her own needs and desires (mostly around food, and being nice), with the most recent episode I think doing the best when sought out training.

I guess that the likes of WATATEN!: an Angel Flew Down on Me isn't going to be very popular, after all it could be described as being part of the loli genre, despite being pretty harmless. Sure on paper it sounds troubling that an adult emotionally stunted woman seems to have something like a crush on her sisters friend, but it has been pretty humorous in practice, and not as creepy as it may sound.

And there is Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka, which as cute as that sounds the magical girls are pretty much being treated like soldiers. It is actually pretty serious, with horrific things like gruesome death and PTSD.

There are plenty of noticeable sequels this season too, with the likes of Mob Psycho 100 season 2, Kemono Friends 2, and Date Alive III.

I am watching a couple of those. I would recommend adding Dororo to that list