Page 91 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2021, 3:09 pm

I've haven't been on WP for a bit so I'm a bit late to this seasons discussion :P

But now that we're a few episodes in I've got a better feel for the shows this season.

I'm really enjoying shadows house. From the first episode I was hooked. I love the Gothic feel and eerie slice of life that's probably going to get very dark soon.

Dragon goes house hunting and killing slims for 300 years are relaxing and fun.

Tokyo revengers: I was pleasantly surprised by, I'm really enjoying the story and the main characters growth and his gaining courage.

Way of the househusband was hilarious and fun.

I'm glad welcome to demon school got another season! I love Iruma-kun. I love anything that's got a Halloween and Gothic feel. And the show is just cute and makes me happy.

Moriarty the patriot also got more episodes! Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite stories, well almost anything by Conan Doyle. Anyway, there's been a lot of I guess you could call them fanfiction over the years of his characters that are in movies and TV shows. I really enjoy the change in point of view to Moriarty. I like the Moriarty that was in Star Trek the next generation too :lol:

There's more but my brains a bit fuzzy today :lol: so I can't remember.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 4:05 am

Spunge42 wrote:
Moriarty the patriot also got more episodes! Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite stories, well almost anything by Conan Doyle. Anyway, there's been a lot of I guess you could call them fanfiction over the years of his characters that are in movies and TV shows. I really enjoy the change in point of view to Moriarty. I like the Moriarty that was in Star Trek the next generation too :lol:

I have been rather impressed by the second season, including its inclusion of a trans man, and what name he goes by. Kind of stole the show, even when presenting as a woman.

Shadows House does continue to be great, I kind of feel tempted to also post the ending song, since they are both so good, and I love its dark gothic style.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2021, 2:03 am

Finished Fruits Basket season 2.

Spoiler wrote:
Please, God, do not give a sympathetic backstory for Akito after watching her abuse the main cast emotionally, physically, and verbally for two seasons. I have no sympathy for anything that happened to her. Zero.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 5:45 am

Recent episodes tried to explain Akito, but regardless of reasons given they are a horrible person that should receive no excuses. At best I think maybe a reveal that Akito is actually kind of pathetic, more pitiful than someone powerful.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 11:44 pm

"maybe a reveal that Akito is actually kind of pathetic"
?
I always thought Akito was pathetic lol

After finding out about Akito's mom, Akito's dysfunction made more sense to me...but I still think they're an a hole. I really have no pity.

My larger wonder is in what the heck made Shigure so twisted o_O

Christopher123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jun 2021, 8:37 am

yes i like Naruto

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2021, 9:25 pm

Yes naruto is fun and a very lovable oblivious hero :D

And I think shigure was just born that way. :lol:

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2021, 10:30 pm

So, I just found out in 2022 there's going to be a second season of Made in Abyss! I'm super excited, but the wait will be long. I may have to continue with the manga which I stopped awhile back for some reason.

Also the cliffhanger on shadows house, really not cool. Poor Emilico :twisted:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 9:18 pm

In terms of the season ending, Odd Taxi totally stuck the landing with its final episodes, where it turned from just a really weird start into a fantastic mystery with a huge amount of moving parts that connected to each other, and twists that as the best mysteries can actually be solved ahead of time with the information you are given. It was super satisfying and probably has put itself high on the lists for what might be the anime of the year.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 1:39 am

The last episode of Wonder Egg Priority just came out after a few months wait, and it is so infuriatingly awful. It is so tone deaf with what it does with themes it set up, that I honestly can't think of another anime that made me that angry with how it decided to end. I loved the series, it had some fantastic parts that I would super recommend. But the last episode does a character assassination of character very pivotal as a mystery, that it is seriously a case where I would rather pretend nothing in the last episode was real and should be stricken from the canon of the series.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 1:42 am

Did Odd Taxi have any drift battles? :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 6:12 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Did Odd Taxi have any drift battles? :nerdy:

It had a chase scene that went soaring. Also an alpaca performing capoeira.

But really just super well written. Any action was really incidental and not important as oddly being very ground.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 4:56 am

Alright, the 2021 Summer season of anime. I think most have had their first episode, some releasing 2 episodes or double length this time. This will be my standout pick of the season so far from the start.

The Case Study of Vanitas - Despite my sort of cold reception to last season's Mars Red, if there is one thing I can be really into it is vampires, and it seemed that this first couple of episodes got in good for me in that regard. Other parts included is original creator being the same one as for Pandora's Heart, and music is most evidentally being done by Yuki Kajiura, who also did music for SAO, Demon Slayer, Madoka, Princess Principal and Erased (her music elevates those series). I really like the main character who is dark skinned, white haired and is both wide eyed and a good head on his shoulders with a love of his cat, Murr.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend - Now, I understand that this series is going to be a really hard sell to people, as this high school romantic comedy with harem love triangle elements is going to sound super sleazy, but despite being really turned off by most of the genre I was kind of really into the first couple of episodes so far. The general story starts with the male character as a super honest person that says what he means recently started dating the girl he had liked for a while, as much as he can embarrass her, and then he gets confessed to by another girl. He is at first quick to turn her down, but is so moved by her spirit that his heart is moved, he then asks that he could date both girls, being super honest he wants to hide nothing, and hijinks ensue. From that description I know that it sounds gross, and I will admit that maybe it doesn't handle the polygamy angle quite right from the start is a bit resistant to the idea, but it is actually kind of refreshing in ways. The saving grace for me has been the first girlfriend, Saki, who resists the idea at first, but is also kind of obviously (and obliviously) bisexual as she too, gushing about how cute the new girlfriend is, which also pretty refreshing and rare. Plus I have found it really funny so far.

Remake Our Life! - I am maybe a bit unsure how I think about this show, with at this point mostly being a feeling. The basic story being a guy that with work problems as an adult suddenly goes back several years to when he was choosing his college, and follows through to instead go to the arts college. In ways it probably fits a bit into the wish fulfilment, or maybe go a careful what you wish for thing, but I am not really sure either, since it started pretty early in saying how the entertainment field can be rough and uncertain. But I think it has still been rather curious about it.

Kageki Shoujo!! - Another one I have also been a bit unsure, outside of how some other people have seemed rather confident in it. It is a shoujo series, but doesn't seem to at all be about romance instead more female friend or rival relationships, with a group of girls practicing to become professionals in a kind all female performance troupe based off the real world Takarazuka Revue (women play both male and female roles). Also notably has a very notable excitable tall girl, played against a cool headed ex-idol with a fear of men.

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan - Full disclosure that this is probably a bit of self-indulgence, for reasons. It follows a presenter of a children's show, who is all smiles and sunshine in his disposition of camera, but even through that on camera he can be very bitter or have a 'bad attitude', which is him vergalising that he is dying inside, like being asked why he doesn't have a family from a little boy who's father is younger than him. Also having him deciding to stick it to the man by deciding not to do the song he would be expected to do, instead teaching the kids a song about how life sucks. It is a total mood.

Something a little different, some sequel seasons, there being a couple noteworthy ones.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X - Next Life as a Villainess is a series I really enjoyed the first season of, the basic story being a girl who reincarnates into a world that resembles a dating game she knew, but as the villain who ends up poorly in every ending, so she aims to save herself. The funny comes in by the fact that she is too kind (and stupid) that she avoids the plot without realising it, and has everyone fall in love with her instead, not only being the boys but the female characters too including the would be heroine. It is just a really good show, about a baka and her bisexual harem that she is too dim to realise are into her.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S - The first season was also fantastic, being done by legendary KyoAni studio, about beleaguered office worker who into maids, and convinces a literal dragon to stay at her place as her maid, who falls in love with her. I swear a good percentage of shows this season have queer elements. The animation in general is always fantastic, and the first season was a very warm story about a found family. Also sported a whole lot of memes with the mini dragon, Kanna.

addie222
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2021, 8:26 am

well, I would love recommendations for animes to watch :)
I really enjoy stuff like your lie in april and Orange. Anything short and sweet is right up my alley
As for animes I can't stand, definitely sword art online. sorry, but I just found it terrible

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 7:16 am

addie222 wrote:
I really enjoy stuff like your lie in april and Orange. Anything short and sweet is right up my alley
As for animes I can't stand, definitely sword art online. sorry, but I just found it terrible

I possibly could offer some possibilities. Sorry it took me a little bit to come to this post.

I am not really a big fan of Your Lie in April, I thought it had some elements that could get a bit close to abuse apologia, but cool if you like it. I might recommend March Comes In Like A Lion, it is not quite as tragic, but I think is still very heavy and good in how it handles elements like depression. But it also has multiple seasons, so it might be one that would be as "short" as you want it (44 episodes).

I could see Horimiya maybe fitting around the same kind of vibe, it is pretty short and sweet.

Going for a different mood, but maybe elements of what you liked, there is Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, it kind of gives up that sense of drama that maybe were in the shows you mentioned liking, but might help get a good sense of what else you might like. A short and sweet easy watch is certainly a fitting description.

Maybe Anonymous Noise if it is that sort of angsty shoujo that you like.

And there is always Yuri on Ice, which I think is pretty popular within the particular demographic, only its setting isn't in high school like the two you mentioned.

This might be a bit of a gamble, since you specifically said that you did not Sword Art Online, but BOFURI I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. Now, it is technically in a setting of a VR game, but does away with things like harem nonsense and being over melodramatic, for just some cute fun of a person getting enjoyment of playing a game their own way. It still might not be your thing, but I like to throw some curve balls in. Your profile said that you like video games, so I thought it might still be worth a try.

And going down my list of shows to recommend, another oddball choice kind of jumped out at me, Re: Creators. The premise not really as down to earth as YLiA or Orange, being about fictional characters suddenly appearing in the real world, but it could maybe interest you.

If they don't really appeal, tell me and I can reassess them. Hopefully there was something that can pique your interest.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 9:55 pm

addie222 wrote:

I haven't seen Your lie in April but Orange was definitely very good. I assume you saw the movie too? Orange: Mirai

Violet Evergarden
Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Might be of interest as it deals with complicated feelings of growing up/relationships/friendships that I'd say is similar level of orange it's just much less sad & often silly
Flying Witch is sweet and cute but in terms of emotional drama and such it's lacking. it's more of a "refreshing" and relaxed anime
H2O: Footprints in the Sand
Hyouka
Hybrid Child is BL if you have any interest in that
Isshuukan Friends.
Kimi ni Todoke
Myself; Yourself
Nagi no Asu kara
Sakamichi no Apollon
Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume
Byousoku 5 Centimeter & A Silent Voice <--Movies

Errr that should get you started in finding at least one out of there you might want to try lol