Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Koi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2013, 9:27 pm

I know lots of people compulsively listen to songs over and over, but I've found myself for years re-listening to other things, like videos and audio files. I'll have a Youtube video playing in another tab just so I can listen to it. I'll do this for hours, multiple different videos for weeks.

I'll also re-watch, of course. Compulsively re-watching movies and such.

No one else other than me and my Dad (who also has Asperger's) seems to do this, so I was wondering if any of you did?

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 9:31 pm

I like to watch things over and over...I don't think it's "compulsive" though, because I don't feel a need to do it, I just do so because I enjoy whatever it is I watch (or read, or listen to).

Love transcends all.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2013, 9:31 pm

I have it with movies as well. I've done a lot of re-watching of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies lately. Youtube not so much.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:37 pm

I tend to rewatch and relisten to things because I didn't get it all down the first time. :oops:

JPDisme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 May 2013, 1:15 am

I do that with music. I heard Radiohead "Jigsaw Falling into Place" which gave me a rush of "new" and I replayed it over and over again to "break down the rules" and codify how it felt

I got a "rush" because of X
The raw vocals produced Y
The lyrics were indecipherable but were Z

I must have played it a hundred times in a row, trying to codify what made me like it.