Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 6:16 am

Cyanide wrote:
manalitwist wrote:
Its all in Hebrew! That is surely being racist and discouraging Arab/Palestinian Israelis.

Well that means it's also "racist" again Greeks, Chinese, Indian, Ethiopian, Venezualan...the list goes on. You could also say this whole site is discriminatory against people with Down Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy....

If you're so against it, make your own Arab Asperger's community....otherwise shut up and get a life mate!

this is fundamentally flawed for the simple reason that arabs do constitute a sizable proportion of the israeli population, whereas greeks, chinese, indians, ethiopians and venezualans do not.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 1:06 pm

manalitwist wrote:
Its all in Hebrew! That is surely being racist and discouraging Arab/Palestinian Israelis.
Most Arab/Palestinian Israelis do speak reasonable Hebrew. ACI aims to unite all autistic spectrum people in Israel, be them Jews, Arabs/Palestinians or whatever...

http://www.autscape.org/

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 7:25 am

This is absolutely ridiculous. Someone posts a site about an ISRAELI organization to help autistics and all that some of you can do is get upset at them for writing in HEBREW?! WOW. Look. Its in Israel. People in Israel speak Hebrew, its their national language. I really don't care if some of the people are Arabs or speak Arabic, if they have to do everything in two languages, that makes everything extremely complicated. Plus, Arabs living in a Hebrew society are going to learn Hebrew. Somebodies got to learn the other language, and if Arabs want help, they can learn Hebrew. I can't beleive I'm actually having to defend and explain this reasoning as it is common sense.

And its not like I'm Jewish and can read Hebrew. I wish the site was in Arabic because then I would understand it because I speak Arabic.

Typical liberal whining behavior. Conservatives have their faults too and I won't mention which side I lean towards, but this falls under the umbrella of someone being so liberal their brain has fallen out. (and it can certainly go the other way fyi)

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time. Not that someone would criticize Israel mind you, but the fact that someone would bring something like someone writing in the official language of their country as criticism.