Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MickeyM
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 May 2013, 9:12 am

I thought I might as well use this space to show you guys what I've done. I've just published my novel on Amazon Kindle -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Barrow-Boy ... nd+the+lad

The book is called 'Jack and the Lad', and I wrote it six years ago. I hawked it around and had several meetings with agents, and that's where my autism - I think - let me down. I bluffed and blundered and pretended to be professional, but they could kind of tell there was something 'awry' about me, and therefore - I think - I got no further. Then the digital publishing revolution occurred and I was able to do it without having to worry about sitting in front of an important agent/publisher and not being able to make sufficient eye contact with them.

Mickey Mayhew

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 May 2013, 7:24 pm

Hi---I am surprised no one has responded to your post yet. I am pretty good at looking at a sample of writing and telling if it's good or not. I read a sample of your book and I can tell you your book is very good.

I am currently working on starting a book that I am finding very difficult in writing. While I have another book nearly completed (a fictional sci-fi/horror genre), this true story I am trying to begin is just...difficult. I have thought a few times in the past couple days that I wish I had a co-author to help me with this true story.

Anyway...great job with your book from a fellow published author.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 3:29 am

As an unpublished writer, I congratulate you, and wish you luck in your future endeavors.
(Jealousy - - I hate you - - I hate you!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

MickeyM
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2013, 8:59 am

glider18 wrote:
Hi---I am surprised no one has responded to your post yet. I am pretty good at looking at a sample of writing and telling if it's good or not. I read a sample of your book and I can tell you your book is very good.

I am currently working on starting a book that I am finding very difficult in writing. While I have another book nearly completed (a fictional sci-fi/horror genre), this true story I am trying to begin is just...difficult. I have thought a few times in the past couple days that I wish I had a co-author to help me with this true story.

Anyway...great job with your book from a fellow published author.

thanks very much for your kind words :D

Adventure4U1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 May 2013, 11:09 am

Read once, you get jealous. Read twice, I get tips.

I might go online, or I might just come in with a Power Point behind me.
Hey, Power Points are good things for me. They made me give a good presentation in my classes last year.
With Power Points, I'm so much better at keeping eye contact and speaking.

Anyway, I have to say congrats.

MickeyM
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2013, 10:02 am

thanks for your good wishes guys; it's an uphill struggle but fun all the same :lol:

MickeyM
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jun 2015, 1:48 pm

I've been hitting the big time in a little way...didn't mention my diagnosis but it's sort of there in the subtext...

http://www.mickeymayhew.com/dundee-courier

:D

MickeyM
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Aug 2015, 1:45 pm