Work Makes Me Want to Blow my Brains Out

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TheBadguy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2013, 9:44 am

My manager is driving me insane, I work at Carls Jr. I have never once called off of work, when they have called me in despite it being an off day for me I have always managed to come in. I do the majority of the work, as I work morning shift I tend to be the one running the show. The sandwich makers are super slow, and I'm trying to pick up the slack from the two other people who work with me.

Rarely do they help me either. I moved recently, well basically I rent place to place month to month at a time. And my job is now to far, it appears I will be staying close to the South side, so working on the North Side is no longer an option.

Today, I had no transportation. You see my uncle provides all of my transportation usually, he comes up and picks me up. Well he has also been keeping this secret from my grandmother who swore to him if she finds out he is taking me to work she will take him off the insurance. Either way, my grandmother's car has a flat and needs to use my uncle's car.

You would think since my roommates already went to work and I do not have a car she would understand considering the fact that I do good work. Not according to her though. All the rest of my managers and shift leads think I do a really good job, they think I am reliable. Everyone, but her.

Either way when I told her I couldn't make it, she said then she cannot guarantee me a job. I'm like come on.

Especially considering that my registers are always good, I do not get customer complaints, I have never been written up. While another coworker there, has stolen money, does refunds and takes money from registers, he has tried to get other coworkers fired, and he touches on the young girls as a form of sexual harrassment. Everyone wants to know why he hasn't been fired. He actually was fired from another Carls Jr for basically the same behavior and she hires him.

She also hired another man, who was fired from her own store for being drunk on duty. Who pretends to grab girls butts and is highly disrespectful to other staff members.

And yet I am the one being threatened to be fired. I mean seriously wtf. One day I cannot make it, and I am the one who is on thin ice.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 10:31 am

Start looking for another job without using them for a reference. Once you have the other job,
STICK IT TO 'EM!!

TheBadguy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2013, 11:31 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Start looking for another job without using them for a reference. Once you have the other job,
STICK IT TO 'EM!!

I'm going to see about transfering to a different store.