Help me identify this movie (Rainforest Action Movie)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 10:29 am

Ok, a caution: It's not a popular movie. So don't think it's easy.

I have some memory of the details in the movie. I had a VHS tape of it and used to watch it every now and then in the 1990s. It was an action movie and involved a black actor as the main character. The setting was some rainforest region, probably the Amazon. The natives looked South American to me. I remember in the beginning of the movie, a severed head of a native impaled on a stick or something. It wasn't just rainforest setting. There were other places the hero and someone else with him went to (like social gathering in the outskirts of the forest and I think he fought a fat woman there). I remember near the end toxic smoke/gas being released by some airplanes in the forest and the hero is trying to protect the natives from it. At the end, there is a fight between him and the bad guy, with the bad guy using a spade at the end of the fight.

Anyone familiar with the movie by any chance?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 12:37 pm

I don't know if this is it. There was a movie out called The Rundown. It was set in the Mexican jungles and the lead actor was The Rock.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 6:13 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I don't know if this is it. There was a movie out called The Rundown. It was set in the Mexican jungles and the lead actor was The Rock.

Thanks, but unfortunately it's not it. The Rundown was released in 2003 if not mistaken. The movie I speak of was released bfore that and I was watching it in the 90s.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2013, 7:45 am

MCalavera wrote:
Ok, a caution: It's not a popular movie. So don't think it's easy.

I have some memory of the details in the movie. I had a VHS tape of it and used to watch it every now and then in the 1990s. It was an action movie and involved a black actor as the main character. The setting was some rainforest region, probably the Amazon. The natives looked South American to me. I remember in the beginning of the movie, a severed head of a native impaled on a stick or something. It wasn't just rainforest setting. There were other places the hero and someone else with him went to (like social gathering in the outskirts of the forest and I think he fought a fat woman there). I remember near the end toxic smoke/gas being released by some airplanes in the forest and the hero is trying to protect the natives from it. At the end, there is a fight between him and the bad guy, with the bad guy using a spade at the end of the fight.

Anyone familiar with the movie by any chance?

I think it was called Indio. Ring any bells? A mate of mine who collects VHS has the Japanese tape.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 7:56 pm

I'm in love with you now. It turned out to be Indio II. Thank you very much. Now to find a copy to watch.