Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 1:23 pm

I watched these two films the other day and thought both were quite good. I think I liked Chronicle the best as Cabin seemed too odd.

Anyone seen them? What do you think of Chronicle?

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2013, 1:54 pm

Chronicle was awesome! I heard they were going to make a sequel, I doubt it would be as good as the first one, though.
I haven't seen Cabin in the Woods because some as*hole on youtube left a comment in the trailor for it ruining the ending... really annoyed me too, since I had been looking forward to that movie since it was announced.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 3:15 pm

You didn't miss too much by not seeing Cabin in the Woods. It was ok but weird and some of it got on my nerves.

If they do a sequel to Chronicle they will have to bring back the main character somehow, perhaps as a villain.

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 5:32 pm

"Cabin in Woods" is hysterical. One of my favorite films of 2012. I think one reason some people don't like it is because they were expecting something different like a straight up horror movie. The trailer made it seem like one but those of us who know Joss Whedon's work knew differently. And by the way, don't skip a movie just because you know what happens at the end. You could miss out on some classics like "Planet of the Apes," "The Usual Suspects," or "The Sixth Sense," just to name a few whose endings have become well known but are really good films. Not to mention that researchers have actually done studies proving that knowing how something ends does not diminish your enjoyment and in fact typically increases it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:48 pm

I liked both movies a lot. My wife was the one who had wanted to see Chronicle, though I'm glad I watched it with her. Cabin In The Woods had unexpected twists and turns, and an ending I wasn't expecting. I laughed my head off when the technician guy finally got his Mereman. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2013, 10:10 pm

I really want the minds behind Chronicle to keep it up. I was expecting something predictable, but it offered a nice change of pace and some darker themes as a twist. Some of it was genuinely painful to watch emotionally, which I don't get from many sci-fi films.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 5:27 am

RockDrummer616 wrote:
And by the way, don't skip a movie just because you know what happens at the end. You could miss out on some classics like "Planet of the Apes," "The Usual Suspects," or "The Sixth Sense," just to name a few whose endings have become well known but are really good films. Not to mention that researchers have actually done studies proving that knowing how something ends does not diminish your enjoyment and in fact typically increases it.

I suppose that may be true but I remember being lucky enough to see the original Planet of the Apes without knowing the ending and I think that experience wouldn't have been as good if I had known it.