Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 3:08 pm

Arran wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Both its leader and members have a track history of holocaust denial and politically motivated violence.

I would be careful of that one because the BNP had in excess of 10,000 members and you haven't verified that ALL of them have a track history of holocaust denial and politically motivated violence so it opens the door to a potential libel case.

The BNP has many policies on a diverse range of issues. Are you opposed to all of them or just some of them? Please clarify this matter.

I never said all its members had a history of afforementioned holocaust denial and political violence, only that some did.

The fact that is true should be a warning bell to anyone considers themself a democrat of voting or joining a party. Holocaust denial and violence shouldnt even be uttered in the same breath as any legitimate party. The fact that you continually make up for them suggests you are at least an apologist, or even a supporter or member.

All you need to know is that I want nothing to do with either the BNP or the so called 'Solidarity'. Nor do I want their racist venom entering my workplace. I never intended this thread to turn into a debate about the BNP so stop derailing it please.

My deviant art profile

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2013, 4:25 pm

I'm only interested in trade unions that uphold the right of parents to home educate their children.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 4:50 pm

Arran wrote:
I'm only interested in trade unions that uphold the right of parents to home educate their children.

Then, there is no politer way of saying it but you are a fool.

Home schooling is proven in the United States to be an unmitigated failure as it produces a society of intellectually challenged and misled buffoons.

My deviant art profile

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2013, 5:18 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Home schooling is proven in the United States to be an unmitigated failure as it produces a society of intellectually challenged and misled buffoons.

I don't know where you get that information from but I'm absolutely astounded.

There are countless people who were home educated in Britain who have achieved a high degree of success in all walks of life. I was partially home educated and I managed to enrol in college without any GCSEs and leave with 3 A grade A Levels in maths and science subjects which led me to a career in electronic and software engineering.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 5:42 pm

Arran wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

I don't know where you get that information from but I'm absolutely astounded.

There are countless people who were home educated in Britain who have achieved a high degree of success in all walks of life. I was partially home educated and I managed to enrol in college without any GCSEs and leave with 3 A grade A Levels in maths and science subjects which led me to a career in electronic and software engineering.

Either way its an irrelevancy. At worst its alarming because the ones who call for home schooling are usually anti semitic nutters trying to 'protect' their children from the supposed 'Jewish controlled' education system.

What does schooling, home or otherwise have to do with either workers advancement or autism advocacy?

My deviant art profile

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2013, 5:56 pm

thomas81 wrote:
At worst its alarming because the ones who call for home schooling are usually anti semitic nutters trying to 'protect' their children from the supposed 'Jewish controlled' education system.

That is a mountain of rubbish. I am a home education activist who has not met a single family who home educates for the aforementioned reason nor do I know anybody who knows of such families. Home education is increasing in popularity for children with AS. Usual reasons are bullying; problems with the school curriculum; failure to offer effective SEN services; to enable children to follow their interests; and to learn social skills for the real world.

Quote:
What does schooling, home or otherwise have to do with either workers advancement or autism advocacy?

More than you think it does...

Some trade unions hold very negative views on home education as a combination of dogmatic ideology and a lack of understanding.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 8:40 pm

Unions should back up autistic workers.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2013, 12:26 pm

Here's an interesting question. What if trade unions covered every trade and occupation and were organised by political party? There would be a trade union supporting the Conservatives, another one for the Greens, another one for UKIP, another one for the Lib-Dems, the BNP could have their own, and so could Muslims who support Sharia Law.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 4:49 pm

Arran wrote:
Here's an interesting question. What if trade unions covered every trade and occupation and were organised by political party? There would be a trade union supporting the Conservatives, another one for the Greens, another one for UKIP, another one for the Lib-Dems, the BNP could have their own, and so could Muslims who support Sharia Law.

there would be no point, they would undermine each other because they would be working with conflicting agendas.

Unions are only effective when they have a common purpose; that is the whole point. The fact that solidarity is trying to sabotage the likes of the TUC means they are complicit to the interests of management.

My deviant art profile

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 May 2013, 5:07 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Arran wrote:

Nonsense. Children that are home schooled in the US unsurprisingly out preform our children in our public schools. You pulling antisemitism out of your butt is a joke, racism and homophobia certainly don't exist in public schools!! ! Please check your prejudice when commenting on homeschooling.

Last edited by Jacoby on 24 May 2013, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2013, 12:06 am

thomas81 wrote:
there would be no point, they would undermine each other because they would be working with conflicting agendas.

Conflicting agendas is the bedrock of politics. There are also conflicts between the interests of NT and AS people.

I'm primarily speaking on behalf of my type of occupation as an electronic and software engineer. One of my biggest concerns is globalisation and offshoring as it is the greatest threat to people who work in the industries. Electronic and software engineering are occupations which are poorly represented by traditional trade unions which is why something like 1% of all electronic and software engineers are members of a union. Traditional trade unions also have a lacklustre performance of effectively combating the effects of globalisation and offshoring of jobs. Solidarity is not perfect but it's the best there is at the moment for people in my occupation.