People Asperger's Syndrome ever dated/married a NT Person ?

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

velocirapture
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2013, 12:28 am

My husband is not on the spectrum.

I've only ever dated one aspie, or maybe two if you count somebody who was not diagnosed but who, in retrospect, had many aspie traits.

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2013, 4:09 am

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and 10 months. He is the best boyfriend I have ever had. Being an aspie NT girls pick on me at school and he helps me feel better when I get bullied. He understands me too so well. And he is an NT.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 2:25 pm

My GF is an NT, though she has obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Minou
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2013, 2:46 am

My NT and I get along together great!! ! I dated an aspie for a while, that didn't work out because his special interest was sex, with any female that would look at him.

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe

Luath

09 Jun 2013, 5:42 am

Minou wrote:
My NT and I get along together great!! ! I dated an aspie for a while, that didn't work out because his special interest was sex, with any female that would look at him.

That's.. Different.
I'm glad your current relationship is working out.

On topic:

My girlfriend is NT. She really understands me, sometimes even when I can't figure things out myself.
She tries everything, reads about everything that could help her understand me even more, she's extremely patient.
When I'm having a really terrible period she's always there for me. I never cry, but I guess I could say she does it for me.
At first I never understand why she is crying - I'll think I did something wrong - but then I try to ask her and she says it's because she can't stand to see me feeling bad.
I can't imagine being with a greater person, that would make me feel more loved than her. :D

MutantX
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2013, 9:08 am

mikecartwright wrote:
Have any People with Asperger's Syndrome ever dated/married a Person who is NT ?

I've been living with a NT for more than 15 years. There are ups & downs; having a relationship meltdown recently.

It is true that an aspie-NT relationship complements each other but also tears down each other in the process. It is often hard to satisfy the emotional needs of the NT partner cos aspies just lack the capacity to. It often results in complaints, dissatisfactions & resentments after many years.

My NT partner used to be very supportive but has increasingly got sick of the aspie's deficit as the years go by, i guess.

Well, we shall see how things pan out...

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 12:44 pm

Nope, which is why Aspergers doesn't exist now in 2013.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

All my ex's are NTs, but unusual NT's.

Preferably, I'd wish my next girlfriend be an aspie that's slightly NT on the outside. But at the rate I'm going, anything is better than nothing, and I'll probably be married to an NT who is a little out of ordinary, with my history.

WildTaltos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 11:51 pm

Othre than people on ths site, I know vry few peoplle who aer autistic, so necesarily I have to date neurotypicl people. Most of thm nevre work out but usualy just looking for sex anywys, so maybe cant realy call it dating.

carbonite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm

my girlfriend is NT...I have a hard time sometimes responding to her non-verbal cues. This has resulted in some big fights. Basically, she gets mad when I'm not doing something she wanted me to do without telling me explicitly. For example, last year she got super mad cause I didn't text her enough, like good morning/good night and stuff like that. The latest thing, though, might have been to severe...we shall see, though.

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2013, 12:03 am

My question would be how do you deal with the fact that they cannot connect with you on the same level really. They just do not understand us without having the same issue. They try but they really cannot relate or understand exactly what we feel. This is actually what bothers me about dealing with people without aspergers. I feel alone even when I am with an NT. I feel this way in all my relationships with family and friends. It makes me depressed.

Also, this is sort of unrelated but are alcoholics considered NT? I would say they are not. I think NT technically means no mental illness and alcoholism is a mental illness.

Anyways I am not really sure if I want to find a relationship with an "aspie" or a "non-aspie". Honestly I would not want anyone who is "true" NT meaning zero anything.

I would say "true" NTs are not exactly typical because those with problems outnumber them. If I am making an educated guess. Unless "typical" means something different. I guess I was interpreting it as "majority".

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2013, 12:06 am

1000Knives wrote:
Nope, which is why Aspergers doesn't exist now in 2013.

not until october though. Right? At least this is when the new DSM comes out. Someone told me that it will be in effect starting in oct. I will still use the word though. It has been this way for years why change it now. I never agreed with the change.

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2013, 12:10 am

I always heard "opposites attract but rarely do they stay together" . Creates too much tension and problems. I think this is one reason why the divorce rate is so high.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 4:10 pm

punkguy378 wrote:
I always heard "opposites attract but rarely do they stay together" . Creates too much tension and problems. I think this is one reason why the divorce rate is so high.

True, sadly.

starrynightmare
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jun 2013, 5:08 pm

My last ex was NT. I think our differences did cause problems, but while I was willing to work at it he was not.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 5:14 pm

Yup, all of my boyfriends have been NT. That's probably because there are simply more NTs than those with AS. :)