Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

wpa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2013, 1:30 pm

HI, first thing you should know that i'm not from U.S.

Second, my story start from age 15, when my parents notice my change in behavior and become anxious all the time, and heat to visit relative etc .

For me in that age I didn't recognize it was a problem, but my parents did, anyway my parents force me to see psychologist ( they took me without my knowing about that), and when i see the place i knew it was for psycho people, in this moment I got afraid because in my country it's a shame that someone went to psychologist they think you are crazy or something like that (i'm sorry to say that). anyway the doctor start to question me and found out that i got simple depression and immediately gives me a drugs, anyway i didn't take theme nor visit them again.

no i'm 19 and I just go accept in medicine college, but still depressed all the time I don't know why I mean I got a good life , home , friends.

I just feel that some heavy thing or pressure in my chest all the time, another thing my head it's seemed to be foggy,and feel pressure.

and I don't know why i feel my life is a miserable i cant stop thinking in bad way. and i'm afraid that i'll not make it and become a Doctor because it's need to have a self-discipline which I don't have at all.

i really guys want to stop my negative thinking, about everything I can't imagine my life it will be like that ( i wish to be dead instead of being in this life).

your help is appreciated.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 5:13 pm

why not try the mood-lifting pills you were prescribed?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 7:43 pm

med school is hard when you're feeling well. I know. I did it. get your depression treated to give yourself the best possible chance of success in school.

wpa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2013, 11:19 pm

thank you guys for the support, I'll try to see a psychologist.

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2013, 3:05 pm

I'd try taking the medication and at least see if it works. And if it does, you'll be it a better frame of mind for, and actually feel like, figuring out what was keeping you down.

backagain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jun 2013, 1:01 am

I agree that you should try the meds, and also, maybe later, look into cognitive therapy. It saved me.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 4:37 pm

I'm going to contradict what others say and advise that you continue to not take the drugs. Drugs treat symptoms; they do not solve problems, and they poison you and the environment in the process (via your bodily waste). Work hard to figure out what is depressing you; ask someone for help if you can't figure it out or need help coping.

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2013, 3:25 pm

You should never feel ashamed about going to see a shrink/psychiatrist, it's actually more common than you think. Many considered normal people actually use this kind of professional help, to relief stress, or to just get things of their chest. Either way, what matters is that you take care of yourself, and if getting this kind of treatment will make life in general better for you, than you should do it, and try not to care what other people might think of it.

If talking to the psychiatrist eventually makes you feel better, then keep on with that. If it helps you in some ways, but not enough, then you might start considering taking the advice to start using those meds. I know most people don't really feel like "popping pills" to get better, but if they'll make one change for the better, it is preferable to at least give it a try.

Alternatively you can try to find something special to do every day, something that makes you feel good/happy, either if its jamming with your band, going for a jog etc.

Oh and speaking of jogging - working out on a daily basis might be of good use in your situation, considering the fact that it actually improves your mood, making one feel happier. It's sort of like a natural feel good "drug".

I hope you find a sollution that works for you - Best of luck to you :)

myjade_84
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jun 2013, 1:56 am

Maybe you are like me too. I have a Bipolar disorder since i was young. It's hard to control it. You always feel alone and lonely without a reason. What's helping me to live normally now is my church.

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

It's not always a chemical imbalance, sometimes it's the natural progression of things like getting older or new situations. If you begin to focus on developing new connections, and meaningful thoughts it can make you stronger within and help you feel better overall. But don't stress, it takes time to resolve struggles esp when it seems unknown to you. To realize what makes you happy, you also should look at what takes from that peace of mind. I had a therapist who started teaching me about neuro-plasticity, how meditation/energy work can help. Meditation is more of pulling back from the intenseness of world, while raising chi promotes inner strength/healing and resolve...find peace in any circumstance also helps when you are at odds with a toxic environment. It can be attitudes of people that get you down too, but it IMO is also about evolution and trying to fix things we don't yet comprehend.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sarah81
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2013, 2:23 am

Normal people get mental illnesses. Nothing to be ashamed of. People with mental illnesses get better too.