Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 8:41 pm

Time for the Reptiles to rule.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2013, 2:13 am

I don't believe mankind will ever destroy themselves, evolution made man for a reason.

We are one hell of an amazing species, the only thing that stands in our way is time.

Just wait for evolution to kick in, once we shed our animal instincts mankind will turn good.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 9:03 am

Rudywalsh wrote:
I don't believe mankind will ever destroy themselves, evolution made man for a reason.

We are one hell of an amazing species, the only thing that stands in our way is time.

Just wait for evolution to kick in, once we shed our animal instincts mankind will turn good.

How do you derive this as so?

PhilospherGhost
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2013, 2:37 am

First off: Ominous using "IQ" as standard of intelligence would be wrong. This is a man made system that is the best we have, but very flawed. He could be translating his knowledge of intelligence into words a human could understand, but in his position I think he could do better.

So my contribution:

It's such an open-ended-anything-goes concept that I think it would make a good short story.

All changes to humanity as we know it would cause dynamic problems interacting in impossible to know ways. This is why evolution is the natural path of any living thing, it works. Many of our psychological problems are just basic functions of our primal brains that have adapted to survive this earth as a species. If you are starting from scratch you would not need these primal building blocks, and could edit and modify what you needed in this area.

Since the Earth has vast amounts of land in diverse climates, would you create races similar to ours now to adapt to their environment? You are racist of you say no! But you know a couple of them we could do without. I'm not saying the ones we have now are bad, but who would miss them if nobody knew they existed? Would you spawn the source of the new species in one location and let them spread out and evolve themselves?

If they could live happily, why would they want to destroy Ominous? Sounds like a decent dude to me. I don't understand why he made an example of some poor poor human by elecrocuting him into gooey bits, but we all have issues.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2013, 11:18 am

I'm sorry about my late reply CODEDEMON.

I presume we came from some primate creature that lost its hair and learnt to talk. Thanks to our communication skills we created the world we live in today.
I can’t think of any other animal whose intellect surpasses that of our own, unless mice are secretly learning to talk whilst building a space ship that will take them to Mars.

We have the ability to change ourselves and the nature of things. Evolution has favoured us for a reason, why would evolution work backwards if we are only going to mess things up? Life evolves through progress and change, for the better.
Everything takes time, lucky for mankind we have the ability to learn and understand everything as we plod along, wisdom.

A lot of people have faith in mankind destroying everything, that would make evolution silly.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 11:59 pm

PhilospherGhost wrote:
First off: Ominous using "IQ" as standard of intelligence would be wrong. This is a man made system that is the best we have, but very flawed. He could be translating his knowledge of intelligence into words a human could understand, but in his position I think he could do better.

So my contribution:

It's such an open-ended-anything-goes concept that I think it would make a good short story.

All changes to humanity as we know it would cause dynamic problems interacting in impossible to know ways. This is why evolution is the natural path of any living thing, it works. Many of our psychological problems are just basic functions of our primal brains that have adapted to survive this earth as a species. If you are starting from scratch you would not need these primal building blocks, and could edit and modify what you needed in this area.

Since the Earth has vast amounts of land in diverse climates, would you create races similar to ours now to adapt to their environment? You are racist of you say no! But you know a couple of them we could do without. I'm not saying the ones we have now are bad, but who would miss them if nobody knew they existed? Would you spawn the source of the new species in one location and let them spread out and evolve themselves?

If they could live happily, why would they want to destroy Ominous? Sounds like a decent dude to me. I don't understand why he made an example of some poor poor human by elecrocuting him into gooey bits, but we all have issues.

The humans left are allowed to change the environment of Earth or any planet in the universe and place the new species anywhere they wish in the universe.

Fnord, you are wrong Ominous is not like a Nazi death camp dictator. Ominous, is much worse. Ominous said that mankind has became evil and corrupt. The thing is though Ominous has a different definition of what evil and corrupt mean. Our very definition of what is evil and corrupt is actually pure, good and holy in his eyes. What is pure, good and holy in his eyes is evil and corrupt in our eyes.

Ominous, you could say is anti-God, anti-wisdom, anti-knowledge, anti-fairness, and anti-hope. He will commit evil acts by his standards to achieve his ends(good by our standards). Knowledge is evil to him but he will achieve it to obtain what he wants and desires. If you want to try to grasp Ominous think in terms of anti-matter more specifically the positron and the negatron in figurative language terms. On each successive iteration, life is still unfair but less unfair. Ominous, is a hypocrite which will be the seed of his own destruction.

Ominous, by his very nature will be the seed of his own destruction. As new races are spawned each successive race becomes more corrupt and evil by Ominous's standards. Ominous has been trying to create the perfect race for millions. The final race which will be the race after humans that will be the final seed of his destruction. They will create the being that embodies our version of goodness. It will be pure goodness, wisdom, knowledge and fairness. This new being's name will be Propitious.