Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JonWood007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2019, 3:41 pm

I notice as i get older i go through cycles. Sometimes im REALLY into gaming where im like obsessed and wanna play a game for hours, other times I'm bored with it and focus on other things. Really depends on the kinds of games out and how much they grab me. Sometimes i can't get enough of gaming other times i feel like im forcing myself to play. I'd say my entertainment threshold has become higher as i got closer to 30. While I would be entertained by even a simple deathmatch shooter like 10 years ago now I need something bigger and grander and deeper to really get hooked. I wouldnt say this is the same as growing out of games but I will say there are times I don't feel I get the enjoyment out of it I would've 5-10 years ago.

RDOS: NT- 93, ND- 119

PaperTrails
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jun 2019, 6:58 am

In answer to the original post, you might grow out of it, it can happen.
On the other hand I still play RPGs (but not MMORPGs as I am aware these are mega-addictive and eat time), amongst other things. My interest has never waned since the zx spectrum days I just spend less time on this particular hobby.

maddogegw84
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2019, 2:01 am

Right now, I am into the MMO scene. My dad and I, every once in a while will run our characters through a mission together. I even have people (older than my dad) who are in my guild who run daily and weekly events every day.

I think maybe the only thing about growing out of it is more about getting worn out by putting so much effort into playing something for so long.

A lot of people take a few months hiatus in games, get back into real life focus, and then come back. It just depends.

Or they may just evolve from one platform style to another or something. For example, I don't think I ever had a gaming console until I got to college. Only ever had a computer. So I went from having a computer, to having a PS2, to upgrading to the MMO style.

But, I don't really know if one can grow out of it. Once you start, even if you take breaks from it, it seems like people are always returning.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 6:46 pm

I'm 29 and I don't see myself disliking them anytime soon.
The reason I don't play them as much as I used to is because I'm simply so damn busy.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 10:56 am

hanyo wrote:
No. I'm 38 and play video games. My mother is even older and plays video games. Video games aren't just for kids.

Exactly. I’m more of a casual gamer who plays games on the easiest difficulty so I’m not in my room all day fussing over defeating a boss. I just play for fun no matter what game I’m playing. I’m 26 btw.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre