Teenage girl with Aspergers arrested murdering her own fathe

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Blue_Jackets_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2013, 3:33 pm

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-0 ... dy-dispute
This is very sad. I have to wonder if there is more to the story than what is being reported.

BN1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2013, 6:52 pm

Wow. I wonder what the story is behind this girl's intentions. I can only imagine . . .

Interesting to read about another girl (besides my younger self) who 'barked and growled'. These stories seem to be popping up more often.

Tragedy.

Visit me here: http://brandynightingale.blogspot.com
Or here: http://www.facebook.com/everythingshunkydory
Or on Twitter: @bnightingale11

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 7:34 pm

If she was indeed experimenting with "Satanism", she could have opened herself up to all sorts of mega bad juju, literally. Even something as simple as a Ouija board can be bad news for some. It sounds like this boyfriend of hers was a seriously creepy dude. She started wearing all black, calling herself a "goth" and talking about vampires and Satanism after she met him. This from a middle schooler who was wearing cat ears and calling herself "half-cat" only a couple years prior. It's possible that he planted ideas in her head that she wouldn't have had otherwise. Some aspies are weak and susceptible to all sorts of bad influences.

Edit: After reading more, I have to say I'm reminded of another case, here in California, where a 14 year old girl ordered her 19 year old bf to kill her mom. Both were NT, and the girl was described as "bad" and "strange". She'd apparently been having a sexual relationship with the guy, and Mom found the two in flagrante delicto in her house one day, and Mom was trying to press statutory rape charges. So he killed her, and then the two kids drove to San Francisco, where they abandoned their car, checked into a hotel room, and ate rat poison in a suicide attempt. When it didn't work, they started walking south, being apprehended at the Tanforan shopping mall in San Bruno, about 10 miles south of downtown SF. The guy was sentenced to death; the girl got 15 years because she testified against him.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 8:10 pm

I wonder if she was abused.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 8:13 pm

UGH! Just when I thought people would start acting mature and not jumping to conclusions about AS and this happens, and it's going to take the media and it's following witch hunters, on yet a new quest to rid the land of the vile creatures that sweep their lands by using this case as "evidence" that they're right.

And when are people going to get it right (especially the media)? AS is NOT a "mental disorder", it's a neurological one, there is a distinct difference.

To quote the mighty Voltan (from the 1980 version of Flash Gordon): "What a d*mn nuisance!" *waves fist sarcastically but strongly*

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 6:36 am

It seems as though her father might have abused her.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 12:10 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

If so, it could be considered justifiable, but even then, the public will only use this as fuel to further push legislature on those of us on the spectrum. Whether some of us admit it or not, we have no cards, we have no allies, and we will remain targets of the public's version of justice unless we do something about it ourselves.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "This will not just go away, the public likes their witch hunts and they'll use every single bad thing that happens against us as a group.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 12:16 pm

This is just one more reason not to ever "come out" as an Aspie, not matter how high-functioning you may be.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 12:42 pm

Jaden wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

If so, it could be considered justifiable, but even then, the public will only use this as fuel to further push legislature on those of us on the spectrum. Whether some of us admit it or not, we have no cards, we have no allies, and we will remain targets of the public's version of justice unless we do something about it ourselves.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "This will not just go away, the public likes their witch hunts and they'll use every single bad thing that happens against us as a group.

I have not seen any information that there had been child abuse by the father?

Jaden, are you saying that abuse by the father or his murder could be justified?

These cases, the fantasy murder followed by riding off into the sunset, do seem to happen fairly frequently. It is just not surprising that journalist continue to use diagnosis to fuel fires. More papers sold, more web hits, shallow as that.

Last edited by neilson_wheels on 28 May 2013, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 4:58 pm

neilson_wheels wrote:
Jaden wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
If so, it could be considered justifiable, but even then, the public will only use this as fuel to further push legislature on those of us on the spectrum. Whether some of us admit it or not, we have no cards, we have no allies, and we will remain targets of the public's version of justice unless we do something about it ourselves. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "This will not just go away, the public likes their witch hunts and they'll use every single bad thing that happens against us as a group.

[sarcasm]

Oh, but didn't you get the memo? "In every case where a child commits patricide, abuse of the child by the deceased father must be presumed." Simply everybody knows this!

[/sarcasm]

Although I sometimes wonder if this isn't actually taught in Journalism classes at uni.

:roll:

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 7:20 pm

neilson_wheels wrote:
Jaden wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Jaden, are you saying that abuse by the father or his murder could be justified?

These cases, the fantasy murder followed by riding off into the sunset, do seem to happen fairly frequently. It is just not surprising that journalist continue to use diagnosis to fuel fires. More papers sold, more web hits, shallow as that.

Sometimes (in certain places where the law applies), an abusee murdering an abuser is considered justifiable homicide, the same would go for someone who (for example) threatened your life in your home.
I'm not saying that abuse was going because I don't know that, I'm just saying that if that were the case, then the crime under certain laws could be considered legally justifiable.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 9:58 pm

there was a kid from boston with AS who was into dark fantasy stuff.killed a classmate with a knife.

he got life without parole at age 17

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 1:04 am

vermontsavant wrote:
there was a kid from boston with AS who was into dark fantasy stuff.killed a classmate with a knife.

When did that happen?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 5:28 am

Jaden wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

When did that happen?
sudbury massachusetts 2008'
john odgren is the individual

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 5:32 am

Hello Jaden, your post makes more sense to me today, apologies for any confusion.

On topic - There are no signs of abuse in this case yet, if anyone has seen evidence of this then please post it. Jumping to this conclusion is a similar act to the journalists wanting to assign guilt to the Aspergers diagnosis.

It reads to me that the victim was considered a good parent, it seems more likely that any corrupting influence was from the boyfriend. Discussing the potential trait of naivete in the daughter could be much more relevant here considering what is known, from cat ears to murder in a year.

Fnord, I'm sure that Maximising Scandal is a compulsory module on all "decent" courses.

LilythMoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2013, 4:59 pm

Jaden wrote:
UGH! Just when I thought people would start acting mature and not jumping to conclusions about AS and this happens, and it's going to take the media and it's following witch hunters, on yet a new quest to rid the land of the vile creatures that sweep their lands by using this case as "evidence" that they're right.

And when are people going to get it right (especially the media)? AS is NOT a "mental disorder", it's a neurological one, there is a distinct difference.

To quote the mighty Voltan (from the 1980 version of Flash Gordon): "What a d*mn nuisance!" *waves fist sarcastically but strongly*

Yes ive noticed with reports like these the media writes its always because of aspergers...horrible crimes and horrific behaviour, terrorizing the normal people, the dreaded asperger.

:x