Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

23 May 2013, 7:42 pm

Well this is a bit complicated because mum wanted a break cos my autism isn't mild we are in UK I'm 19 yrs girl my autism is not mild do self injous behaviours and sometimes I hit out at other people but this I do not control it is a part of my autism
it's just this place , is horrible, I searched google it sounded amazing so I agreed to go , it said 2 sensory rooms a hydrotherapy pool etc...... Yeh .... So I was we'll exited first I think I should tell you what they charge per week £800 - £1600 a week .. Yeh, social services are paying it
The mental Heath part of the adult team tried to get me into a institution (because the council are threatening eviction and mum is worn out) but the doctors right out said no to them this was a meeting at our house , it was somewhere called st.georges ... Yeah this place starts with a st. At the start...
Well anyway , I was put here this is ment to be like a respite break, but, it's hell. Because they know f**k all about autism. And I also get the extreme impression that they think I'm fake.
Mum wants me somewhere else cos of how bad it is here.
(More in comments)

Last edited by Autisticgamer on 23 May 2013, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

23 May 2013, 7:43 pm

(Continued) It's very very hard for me to speak and when I did one of the staff screamed at me saying DON'T YOU TALK OVER ME ... Funny .. Cos they weren't talking when I was ... Lol
I use a dynavox maestro to communicate here cos I'm mostly non verbal , they ignore my talker I can never find a staff on the grounds when I need something like a drink or a new nappy (I'm partially incontinent) , I also scream because I don't have many methods of communication and like I said know one on the grounds at times (plenty staff) thy complexly ignore me they do come in to check on me but they come in and leave before I can even pick up my dynavox. Great. (read next comment)

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

23 May 2013, 7:45 pm

(Continued)
Last night because I have behaviour problems I don't do it by choice it should be in my info but I don't think they care to be honest , I was screaming and crying cos I was basically going through a moment of missing my mum , 3 staff come in and then left I could hear them and see there shadow outside my door I screamed and cried for a good half hour I then went to smash up the bathroom door (the room has a bathroom in the room) because my behaviour problems and 1:1 care needs funny , cos THEN they come straight in the room screaming at me , it could have been prevented if they come in properly before they know this they been told to calm me before it escalates etc its on my info etc , but yeh they screamed at me saying s**t like I don't see you smashing any of YOUR STUFF etc etc (I threw my dynavox across the room to shut them up), I have a vocal stim. Where I go mahmahmahmahmahmah or muhmuhmuhmuh or muhmuhmuh (not any paticlur word) and I was signing makaton for mum cos its written on my info etc and they been told If it escalates contact mum for guidance, they kept saying to me you can say that all you want we're not phoning her , say that all you want we're not phoning your mum when I also hit out (again uncontrolled behaviour I do it to my mum for f**k sake I don't control it) they scream I WILL NOT BE ASULTED DON'T ASSUT ME , there is also a lady with althimerz here I watched them , she does this thing where she shouts help help help help help , they started copying her and laughing she then started hitting her wheelchair distressed they then burst out laughing.
I have not even been told when I am able to go home and everything is very very routine with me so obiosuly distressed there.
I herd one the other day when I was on the phone to my mum the other day I herd them say my name then "she likes to think she is" hmm...
Im here right now using the 3G network on my iPad. Mums contacted people to have me put somewhere else.

Just, brilliant. (Done now)

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 7:55 pm

I don't know what exactly you can do but there's probably someone you can report them to (in addition to your mom). Where are you? At the very least I hope you can get out of there soon.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

23 May 2013, 7:58 pm

Nonperson wrote:
I don't know what exactly you can do but there's probably someone you can report them to (in addition to your mom). Where are you? At the very least I hope you can get out of there soon.
I'm in the UK I don't know what it's called besides that it starts with a st.
I forgot to mention they are more than happy to leave me to head bang a hole in the wall or to punch myself for hours,

sapphireblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2013, 8:08 pm

I hope you are out of there soon. govt agencies are slow at times. hopefully you have a good case worker that will work with your mum to get you moved soon and do something abt the employees there. what abt the other residents? are they able to communicate with their families what is going on.. I doubt you are the lone case. hope it is sorted out soon

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 8:08 pm

sounds like a horrible place

Winner
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2013, 8:18 pm

I'm disgusted by how you're being treated. Is there anything I can do to help?

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 9:01 pm

It sounds like you are in a terrible place, both physically and emotionally. Until you can get out of there you can at least talk to us here on WP. That might help. Remember that you're not alone. We're here to listen and we do care about you.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

23 May 2013, 9:13 pm

AspieWolf wrote:
It sounds like you are in a terrible place, both physically and emotionally. Until you can get out of there you can at least talk to us here on WP. That might help. Remember that you're not alone. We're here to listen and we do care about you.

I'm just happy you guys agree with me I didn't think anyone would , we have a social worker but she doesn't seem interested to be honest. Every day feels like hell to be honest I've been here a week on Monday.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

23 May 2013, 9:16 pm

AspieWolf wrote:

Last edited by Autisticgamer on 23 May 2013, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

23 May 2013, 9:16 pm

AspieWolf wrote:

Ps I love your pic I love wolves/dogs and cats there cute lil (and big) things

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 9:41 pm

Do you have someone like a caseworker who can advocate on your behalf? *Okay, so your social worker may not be interested. There's a chance that once you tell her they are both laughing at the other residents and refusing to call your mum even though it's in your plan, she might decide she needs to help you find a good place. But please don't invest too much personally because people don't like to change their minds and especially don't like to admit they're wrong.

Some things take both self-advocacy and someone else advocating on your behalf, and this sounds like one of these situations.

Or, maybe a UK Autism Rights organization?

PS And please consider us here at WrongPlanet to be one resource available for you. I am often quite impressed at the commonsense and good ideas of my fellow group members. :D

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2013, 1:03 am

I so hate what your going through! When i was yyounger it used to be very hard for me to communicate as well. i wasn't delayed in speech, but couldn't figure out when to speak that was appropriate while still knowing what to say. The people tbere sound evil! What they do to you and what you are subjected to witnessing being done to others is horrible. I wish i had better advice but this is all I've got : when i was little i learned not to make too much noise in a meltdown or my mother would cover my mouth and nose so i couldn't breathe and wouldn't let go u.ntil i found it in my willpower to hang limp. i learned to di things like wrap blankets tightlt around my mouth before i made any noises. and squeeze mgsellc tightly S i felt a meltdown comming on. when i felt desperate i would pray.
i understand that a lot if times once a meltdown starts all control is list. so don't get me wrong. but when they started lockingme in institutions and electricuting me i learned how to fake "okay" really well so i didn't loose my brain. believe with all your might that you are getting out of thete! Today i suffer ptsd from being in situations like that. but most importantly, i got out! I'm not saying you can end meltdowns, i had a huge meltdown this morning. I'm just saying yoyve gotta do what you've gotta do to get out of there! Because I've been there. I wish i had heartwarming littlw tips, but with what you are goibg through its like 'do or die'.
The UK sounds like hell!! !!

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2013, 1:08 am

PS: i wish i could envent time travel teleportation and break in and get all you guys outta there, but until then...
i send you my love and understanding

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 May 2013, 1:35 am

Autisticgamer wrote:
I'm just happy you guys agree with me I didn't think anyone would , we have a social worker but she doesn't seem interested to be honest. Every day feels like hell to be honest I've been here a week on Monday.

That can be one of the horrible things about abuse - that people don't believe.

What you describe sounds Hellish. I hope you can get out of there as soon as possible. You shouldn't have to stay there another hour.