Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2013, 2:01 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I'm following through on a goal this summer that I have wussed out on every other summer: getting my fat ass in shape! Today I went on my usual mile long run, and came home to find my parents were gone, so with the house empty I decided to do my work out routine naked. I gotta say it helped, maybe Ancient Greece got this one right, but it felt like my body could move more flexibly and be pushed to the limit with more ease without the restriction of clothes, I don't know if any of this is scientifically accurate but it's just how I felt. I was wondering if anyone else here had ever worked out in the nude before, not in a public gym or someplace weird like that, but in your own home, and if so how did it feel?

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 2:48 pm

I just work out in boxers most of the time, so close to it. The willie would just get in the way I think.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2013, 3:06 pm

You'd think so, but it's better because nothing is being held back. I focus on the working out aspect more than thinking about my wing-dang-doodle moving around while I work out.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 5:46 pm

I've done it, and its better for me. It's more mental than physical, although at first its more physical. Working out naked gets my body in shape, not my appearance. Or something like that.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 6:42 pm

Try doing pushups naked.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2013, 7:02 pm

I do my pushups and situps naked. Huh... If I only I could run through my neighborhood naked every morning.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 7:56 pm

FrankiDelano wrote:
I do my pushups and situps naked. Huh... If I only I could run through my neighborhood naked every morning.

You are a greater man than me. :salut:

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2013, 9:54 pm

Stupidly-brave is a better word than Greater, I just don't care if people think I'm being rude or not, I just wish I could run naked. Not saying I'm a nudist, in fact nudism grosses me out, but I just want to be more comfortable when I work out.

jlsvc92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2013, 4:14 pm

I have very big legs and I need something that holds my balls well, it can be really uncomfortable running with no underwear.

Best for me is underwear for running, although it's really expensive.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2013, 2:37 pm

jlsvc92 wrote:
I have very big legs and I need something that holds my balls well, it can be really uncomfortable running with no underwear.

Best for me is underwear for running, although it's really expensive.

Underwear designed just for running, what a world! This is were I go back to Ancient athletes, like the Greeks whom would do things like a pitch a giant metal disc across the ocean, or when they would run a marathon it was an actually run to Marathon. Think any of them every wore specially designed underwear? You don't need special clothing to be better at working, just some good ol' 'merican know how!

jlsvc92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2013, 4:32 pm

I never said I needed running underwear, I said it's just the best, it's like a cottom t-shirt and one of those sintetic material t shirts for working out.

BTW I bet ancient greeks didn't do back extension.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2013, 7:55 pm

Oh, good, I had almost lost hope in humanity for a second there.

Also don't doubt the capability of the people who perfected exercise. I do back extensions off of my back porch. You gotta remember we didn't always have metal weights, but we always had ways of weight lifting, I've always been a fan of the caber toss which was used by the Scottish Picts to fight the Roman Empire.

Loyd16
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2013, 3:30 am

You have a point but for me it is still good on working out with shirt instead of naked.

jlsvc92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2013, 8:17 am

FrankiDelano wrote:
Oh, good, I had almost lost hope in humanity for a second there.

Also don't doubt the capability of the people who perfected exercise. I do back extensions off of my back porch. You gotta remember we didn't always have metal weights, but we always had ways of weight lifting, I've always been a fan of the caber toss which was used by the Scottish Picts to fight the Roman Empire.

You have never done back extensions have you? I said that because fitting your testies can be a problem and holding them propermly is important, anyway I preffer doing other excesises like deadlift and avoid that way to work the lower back.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2013, 3:08 pm

I have done back extensions, took weight training for two years, didn't help much because my teacher knew nothing about human anatomy and just used methods she read about online that weren't very good. Your right though trying to do back extensions naked would be like riding a bike with a suicide shifter naked, but you could fix that extra padding don't know how much it would help though.

I also had to check, and I learned that Ancient Greece, Egypt, and China all had several variations of dumbbells that could used for different exercises, including the dead lift. Don't know if they had back extensions though only way it would seem possible back then would be to do it off of a cliff or a stone table.