Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

historysmystery61
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2013, 5:07 pm

I know, I know, I'm only a teenager. But writing is the only way for me to get my true emotions out.

Lately, I've been attempting to write the story of a twelve-year-old girl who's obsessed with words and numbers. Normally, I wouldn't have any trouble writing this...but she can't speak, either.

In school, I've had two friends myself: Bryce and Eli. Bryce is ADHD, and even though I haven't seen Eli in a few years, I think he's an Aspie. He taught himself chemistry and physics in first grade. He and I were nearly exactly alike. The girl in my stories, Tanner, is going to have two friends like Bryce and Eli.

But now, I need to do some research. If anyone can help me with any of the following topics, please reply or PM me.

-aspie siblings, preferably younger
-horses and training
-ranch life
-Colorado weather, not including the drought
-Colorado school systems
-diagnosis process (I'm still going through it)

Thanks,
Ari

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 6:24 pm

My girl cousin raises horses in the colorado/new mexico area. Too bad she isnt on this site.

I know that the weather varies by altitude more than by latitude in Colorado, and so does the scenery, and vegitation. Thats part of the local color there. The eastern half of the state is flat prairie, and the western half is the Rocky Mountains. But havent been to the state in eons. So I dont know much about the day to day weather.