Lack of anxiety in social interactions

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

I definitely have anxiety after social interactions and often before but during, it depends on the situation- I'd be nervous during a job interview but not a conversation at my house with my friend. In the latter case I might still be anxious and think of what I might have said wrong afterwards. As a kid I had zero social anxiety-for awhile I was obsessed with ages and I would go right up to strangers on the street and ask them how old they were and I would yell at other kids to follow the rules during class ect.

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jun 2013, 3:17 pm

I only get anxious when I am with a group. It's the opposite when I am talking to only 1 person. I'll say whatever is on my mind without regarding what I might say. I will think about later though.

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2013, 3:37 pm

I don't have social anxiety while in a social setting. I just never know what to say and will usually only talk to people that I already know very well, such as my wife. It's mostly because I can't relate to most of the typical jibber jabber that comes out of most people's mouth.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin