Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

QuestionMark
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2013, 9:17 pm

I got a learner's permit however, every time I think about learning to drive, the anxiety level just shoots up because there's a couple of things I fears that could change my life forever, or even death. But I still have to do it.

I do plan on being a safe driver by going no more than the speed limit posted or the flow with the traffic as possible. It might be fairly slow, but I'll be able to have time to correct mistakes and stop. So I can't be driving too slow either. Since I have experience with traveling by mass transit, driving no faster than the speed limit is still a lot faster than going on foot.

It's going to be a tough one for me to get through in life, especially when I try heard enough to do it without any incidents as possible. Especially when I hardly ever have any supportive people to help me out.

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jun 2013, 10:02 pm

I'm horrible at driving. When my dad takes me to practice, he's always telling me to speed up cause I go the speed limit. I guess he tries to get me to go with the flow of traffic, but it makes more sense or me to go the speed limit rather than go too fast and wreck. Also, I feel out of control of the car if I go faster than about forty or fifty.

I'm also bad at focusing where I'm going. When we come up to an intersection, I panic inside when I don't know which way to go. Even if I know which way to go, I confirm it with my parents first.

I don't know, I think I can get better at it, I just have to practice a lot, which I'm not looking forward to since I hate driving in the first place. It makes me nervous.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 10:16 am

chris5000 wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Freeways usually stress me out, but other than that I've got no issues with driving.

the actual freeway is not a problem for me its the entry and exiting of the freeway that stresses me, if you miss your exit its not like a surface street where you can just turn around where ever is most convenient

I think you are making too big a deal out of it. Unless you are in some remote location with no exits, it should not be that inconvenient to turn around on the freeway. Just drive to the next exit, get off, drive over to the other side and get back on. If it's a cloverleaf interchange, it's even easier. Just drive around two of the loops, and you will be heading back the direction you came from.

One of the biggest mistakes I see drivers make, is freaking out when they miss their exit, like it's the end of the world. Just stay calm. You should be back to the correct exit, in less then 5 min. Its really no harder then turning around on a surface street.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 10:32 am

mrwhite23 wrote:
i have trouble driving i know all the road rules where all the gears and other parts of the car are but i have trouble focusing when i'm behind the wheel
does anyone else have this problem?
and if so is there medication to help me?

Just learn to concentrate on the road. Stay focused, and put everything else out of your mind. Keep looking around at other cars, your mirrors, the road signs. Always try to be anticipating what other drivers are going to do.