Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TonyTwoTon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2013, 5:08 pm

Hi everyone this is my first post.

I'm feeling kind of stuck in my job and life in general. I'm a twenty-four year old college grad - who has been out of school for a year and works as a part time driver for a pharmacy. It's the same job I've had since high school and I am really ready for a change. I work four hours a day, six days a week and I have grown very tired of it. My degree is in Economics...which I like but don't love...and have very little experience besides the classroom and the pharm. I've never held any other job/internship or anything to bolster my resume and I am poorly networked; I am somewhat embarrassed by this - I sometimes feel like I haven't done enough to move my life forward as I still live at home with my mom and so forth.

I have Aspergers and have struggled with social anxiety and depression. In 2012 I participated in cognitive-behavioral group therapy which went well, but I still struggle with approaching people and especially assertiveness and decision making. This has led to a frequent lack of effort on my part to even find a new job or make a change. The task feels overwhelming and foreign (because it is).

Anyway I am happy to find this community of others who can I can relate to, it's great! Thanks everyone, I look forward to the interaction.

-Tony

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 10:31 pm

Hiya! I hope you have fun on the Wrong Planet.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 7:00 am

Welcome to the forum!
In response the the general tone of your post- I'm not sure where in the world you are right now, but jobs have been scarce and hard to come by, so your experience of being underemployed for the past year is far from unique! My brother is a year older than you and he was in exactly the same place last year that you've described. His solution was to return to school, but, otherwise, he very well could still be living at home.
So, we know that you don't want to drive meds around all day for the rest of your life... What do you want to do?
Give it time and you'll be able to find an opportunity that works for you!