Best and worst travel experiences?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 6:20 pm

Share some of your best and worst travel experiences and travel advice.

How do NTs do that?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 10:36 pm

Best: Williamsburg, VA. It's an amazing city, it really feels like you've been transported back in time 150 years.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 3:50 pm

Best: hard to say, but off the top of my head I think of traveling up one of the Colorado mountains. It was beautiful, and weird as the temperature kept changing as we went. We ate donuts that could only exist on the mountain top (and if you brought some average ones up with you, they'd deflat).

Worst: Badlands. Got dizzy from the heat and nearly fell off of a cliff.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2013, 4:49 pm

Best : Vancouver, Canada.
Amazing city. Friendliest Western people I've ever met, tolerant and open society, nice big city with everything you need, but nature is just a short ride away.

Worst : Crete
Went with my mom and sister. We went on a lot of guided tours, which I really dread. And I saw what I wanted to see in musea about 3 times faster than they did.
Plus I expected to see lots of beautiful women. And boy was I disappointed.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 5:44 pm

Best: New Orleans & Western Montana.

I can't decide which I like more. Montana was two straight weeks of hunting, hiking, and panning for gold. It was peaceful, it was beautiful, and it was fun. On the other hand, half platter of assorted seafood at a little place near Lake Pontchartrain, Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, and street music.

Worst: Michigan.

I slept in my uncle's attic for six months and went to middle school. Thoroughly unpleasant.

chibi555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jun 2013, 8:40 pm

Best: New York City. I loved that there were all sorts of people walking around, speaking different languages, and nobody staring at me like I was the town weirdo! :D I also loved the museums, restaurants, and a lot of the scenery.
My advice: If you want to go shopping (and don't have all day) don't bring more than 2 friends. :wink:

Worst: myrtle beach. :( Stayed a week in a small time share house with 20 of my step mom's relatives, had to baby sit 5-8 kids, not much to eat, only 3 tv channels, was feeling sick the whole time, and if those weren't bad enough there weren't enough rooms, so I had to sleep in a sleeping bag cause the kids got the inflatable mattress.
I felt a little better after we went to a seafood buffet (one of the very few times we ate out) and my dad and step mom got sick from some bad clams. hehehe
Advice: If you go to myrtle beach don't go with a lot of family, don't stay in a time share house, and make sure you're not babysitting. But most of all bring extra cash in case you want to upgrade your accommodations (or get the heck away from your family). 8)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 8:44 am

Best: Caracas, Venezuela in 1988. It was a college trip with a theatre group I belonged to. Their subway was pristine, the people were friendly (and cute guys everywhere :D ). Sabana Grande was my favorite neighborhood.

2nd best: Driving alone from B'ham to Ft. Lauderdale and back. The 2 days spent in Ft. Lauderdale was okay, too, but not as much fun as the drive.

Worst: A drunken, impulsive trip to New Orleans from Pensacola, FL. It was 3 a.m. when we finally got there, I forgot where I parked, met some really creepy people, ran out of cigarettes, and couldn't wait to leave.

2nd worst: New Orleans again. I was 11 and had the creeps the whole time. I was sure the weird chain-looking thing in the shower drain was going to wrap around my leg and pull me under, so I didn't shower the whole time we were there. My mom and her friends got really drunk (only time I ever saw my mom drink booze) and her friend peed in the elevator accidentally 8O . The King Tut exhibit was kinda boring. There's something a little off about New Orleans to me. I don't like it.