Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 3:21 pm

How do you apologize when someone is known for gossiping about another persons mistakes? I can't approach this person at all. :-/ This person doesn't even let me approach him by himself. He's always with someone and never alone to apologize to.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 7:25 pm

you can't write him an email or snailmail letter? or phone him?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 9:59 pm

Maeko wrote:
How do you apologize when someone is known for gossiping about another persons mistakes? I can't approach this person at all. :-/ This person doesn't even let me approach him by himself. He's always with someone and never alone to apologize to.

This seems like it would be a better question to post in the General Autism or Social Skills and Making Friends forum.
Here we mainly quarrel, taunt, and antagonize each other over matters of politics, philosophy, and religion.

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 11:19 pm

Raptor wrote:
Maeko wrote:

This seems like it would be a better question to post in the General Autism or Social Skills and Making Friends forum.
Here we mainly quarrel, taunt, and antagonize each other over matters of politics, philosophy, and religion.

When you have a forum called "religion" it's hard to tell.

@auntblabby I don't have his email or phone number. :-/ I doubt people would answer their twitter to a stranger they hardly know.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 11:38 am

You go to the Emperor and offer your apologies. If the Emperor orders sepuko, slice you liver in two. Apology accepted.

ruveyn

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 3:58 pm

Thread moved from PPR to Social Skills and Making Friends.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

Maeko wrote:

The point of apologizing is to acknowledge your role in a problem and how it made someone else feel. It's irrelevant who that person is because your purpose is to correct the problem, not the person. So, how do you apologize when s/he is always with someone? You approach him and say, "Can I talk with you privately, for a moment?" .. pull him aside (not literally) and apologize. Humour goes a long way too.