Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 6:42 am

I'm re-posting this from another forum I frequent. I wanna see what you guys think.

===

I was browsing /x/ one day and someone mentioned something about an anon who had something to do with a foundry or something like that. I googled it and I found a thread in the archives. Sadly, it had a few gaps. At some point, I tried looking it up again, and I found a completely intact version of the thread.

Feeling a bit bored tonight, I decided to check it out, read through it again. It was just as interesting this time as it was the first (though /x/'s infatuation with aliens kind of ruined it for me). However, I was left wanting. I decided to look up FoundryDweller once more.

This time, I stumbled across an earlier thread of theirs. I haven't read through it yet. According to the thread that I found it on, there were some discrepancies between it and the later one. Can't say for sure though, as again, haven't read it yet. Still, I find the whole thing fascinating.

[warning: explicit language (though not much), 4chan stupidity, etc.]
first
second

Unfortunately, it seems any other threads are lost to time.

So, what do you guys think? I really wish they'd started a blog so that we could keep up with their story, but I don't think it's going to happen... which is annoying, because I really wanted to suggest a few experiments of my own.

Also, I'm totally considering making a game or penning a novel about this. Just... something.

EDIT: 'Kay, compiled a list of discrepancies. Tell me if there's more.

- In the first thread, they claim they let the boy out. In the second, it appears they've forgotten they've done so.
- In the first thread, they say that the boy's jaw moves when he makes noises. He also clearly has nostrils when he breathes. In the second thread, they contradict this, claiming the boy's jaw does not move, and implies no nostrils by stating: "If I cut into that smooth face I'm not certain there'd be teeth and a tongue under it. Perhaps just an equally smooth, featureless skull."
- In the first thread, they say they have dreams "two to three times a week". In the second, they say they have one "[l]iterally every night without fail".
- In the second thread, they mention an old-fashioned office at the bottom of the staircase. In the first thread, they neglect to do this.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 3:02 pm

I'm a little jealous that they can dream so lucidly, but that could bite you in the @ss too I guess. I've had reoccurring dreams upon similar lines, but I'm not a huge fan of in depth dream interpretation( except for kicks).

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 3:13 pm

The thing is, I'm fairly certain this isn't really an account of someone's recurring dream, just a carefully constructed narrative. This is evidenced by the (major, in some cases) discrepancies between both tellings.

I don't know, though. It's just so imaginative, and it's evoked this wonder and fascination in me that is usually difficult for me to find otherwise.

In fact, I feel so inspired by it that I've already started planning out a game about it. orz

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 4:28 pm

It did have an eerie theme, and a sense of suspense to the story. :)

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 6:36 am

*bumps, mewling pitifully* ; 3 ;