Tesla Fries....(Other/Please Explain) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Will there be ice cream at the launch party? 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 65

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 11:56 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
What are some article topics to be included in the wiki?

I might be able to contribute some of the type that is cold science without personal perspectives.

Maybe reviews of topics in autism scientific literature for people to understand without having to read the journals and papers?

I think that there should be a section on cold science that is separate from other articles to maintain a store of information that is not associated with any opinion or movement, but just what are studies that have been done and how were they done and what were the results and what are the different takes on the results from a science perspective.

One of the primary ideas behind the (Wiki) concept is that we need to have a central place for articles on research topics. It's getting kinda old when everyone refers to a hundred studies without citations that may or may not exist.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 12:11 am

AgentPalpatine wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

I might be able to contribute some of the type that is cold science without personal perspectives.

Maybe reviews of topics in autism scientific literature for people to understand without having to read the journals and papers?

I think that there should be a section on cold science that is separate from other articles to maintain a store of information that is not associated with any opinion or movement, but just what are studies that have been done and how were they done and what were the results and what are the different takes on the results from a science perspective.

One of the primary ideas behind the (Wiki) concept is that we need to have a central place for articles on research topics. It's getting kinda old when everyone refers to a hundred studies without citations that may or may not exist.

Are you going to start collecting articles for the wiki?

Can there be a separate wiki for science of autism?

I want a place to publish research articles that is really not associated with opinions or movements, so people with interest in autism like autistic people or parents or teachers can read easy to understand articles about what has been discovered from scientific studies instead of stereotypes or opinions.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 6:15 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
AgentPalpatine wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

Are you going to start collecting articles for the wiki?

Can there be a separate wiki for science of autism?

I want a place to publish research articles that is really not associated with opinions or movements, so people with interest in autism like autistic people or parents or teachers can read easy to understand articles about what has been discovered from scientific studies instead of stereotypes or opinions.
My guess would be having a class of articles.

i.e 1) verified 2) indepth 3) introductory.
That correspond to permissions and the expected level of content.

Since were often dealing with unknowns(somethings wiki do poorly it`d seem useful)

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

Stoek wrote:
My guess would be having a class of articles.

i.e 1) verified 2) indepth 3) introductory.
That correspond to permissions and the expected level of content.

Since were often dealing with unknowns(somethings wiki do poorly it`d seem useful)

Unknowns "unknown unknowns" are one thing, but in most cases, we (we being the community at large) have enough sourced material to at least put something up.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 8:23 pm

who is better to explain what autism is better than a person who has autism and can relate first hand knowledge on the subject-NT people have no idea what it is to be the person with autism-while they may see what autism is about being a caregiver or living with a person with autism but a person with it has a deeper insight on it.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
who is better to explain what autism is better than a person who has autism and can relate first hand knowledge on the subject-NT people have no idea what it is to be the person with autism-while they may see what autism is about being a caregiver or living with a person with autism but a person with it has a deeper insight on it.

For the above quoted reason and so many other reasons.....

52 votes in favor...that might be a record.

slushy9
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2013, 8:06 pm

Yep
In it should be a list of notable Aspies, causes of Aspergers, difference of Aspergers and other types of autism, sensory processing disorder, diagnosis, symptoms, coping, etc.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

The preliminary outline of (early) categories is available:

Papers
Concepts
Theories
Events & Groups
Individuals
History

I'd like to see summaries of more scientific papers added before the site opens up.

Oh....and make that 55 votes in favor

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm

I really like the categories! :D Great and concise. I suggest a category for "equipment" - where to buy weighted blankets (and how to make one), superdark and/or wrap around sunglasses, different kinds of earplugs (hi-tech to lo-tech) or even toys etc etc etc.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

Anomiel wrote:
I really like the categories! :D Great and concise. I suggest a category for "equipment" - where to buy weighted blankets (and how to make one), superdark and/or wrap around sunglasses, different kinds of earplugs (hi-tech to lo-tech) or even toys etc etc etc.

(Informational) contributions are welcome :) .