Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think leagues, in a dating sense, are the most ridiculous thing ever?
Yes 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
I love leagues, they made my gf dump me! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I love leagues, they kept me from heartbreak! 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Leagues can burn in hell, guys think I am a 4 and I'm married. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Leagues are stupid, but they exist (I'm hopelessly in denial of my hawtness) 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 23

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 8:49 am

Why is everyone on here rating themselves on a 1-10 scale, and saying she was out of my league, or he was not in my league? If some one rejects you, they probably just don't want to be your bf/gf, or it just won't work. Social class may play a role, but to rate someone's value as a boyfriend or girlfriend on a number scale is kind of cruel. So why the leagues? Tell me why they improve your life in any way, or agree with me that they help no one.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 9:07 am

This is what I've been trying to say! There is no true objective scale for attractiveness which is why getting hung up on a concept like Leagues is ridiculous. True attraction is subjective.

There is nothing stopping anyone here from simply rejecting these outdated social expectations.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 9:35 am

The concept of leagues has been dismantled long ago. In fact, leagues never even existed; they were nothing more than a product of a self-limiting belief and the falsehood that attraction is based solely on similarities.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

There is a black man in my town whom, with what he goes to work dressed in, could pass as a homeless man. He is married and has 3 children. He is the most polite man I have ever met, and will listen to old ladies blab on about any thing that is making them upset, you know the kind of guy who knows the regular customer's birthdays, a real good guy.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:25 am

MacDragard wrote:
The concept of leagues has been dismantled long ago. In fact, leagues never even existed; they were nothing more than a product of a self-limiting belief and the falsehood that attraction is based solely on similarities.

^^^^^ This.

It's entirely a social construction. I think the reason so many people here cling to it is because they desperately want an equation or pattern to identify in order to offset thier social dyslexia. Somehow they hope it's supposed to make dating easier to understand.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:34 am

I disagree. Leagues definately exist.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

It's not even about physical attractiveness. It's socioeconomic factors. My state I think, has the highest number of people earning over 200K a year. There's a bunch of girls that won't talk to you if you're poor, in a different "caste."

As far as looks and leagues go, yes and no. I've seen plenty of people break out of their league, but many times they're rich or have good jobs, first off. Second off, league placement is more rule, and seeing people outside of it is exception. Doesn't mean you can't be an exception, but it does mean you will be the exception. I think you'd be hard pressed to say if you just looked around a mall or something, you'd see the same thing, more people in their league than not. But again, especially as you get older, it matters less and there's tertiary reasons to dating. Hell, girls will even date/have sex with guys just to get driven around, for drugs, etc. You don't know people's reasoning for why they're in a relationship.

Anyway, I think getting good looking is probably one of the best steps an Aspie can take to improve their life. It makes life much easier. Because I'm a social idiot, I still am not dating yet, but it's much nicer when girls smile at you instead of just making frowny "wtf are you looking at me for?" faces.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

13 Jun 2013, 6:57 pm

There is far to little awareness of leagues. I once met a screwed up 5'6 aspie guy with poor hygiene and recently laid off from Wal Mart at age 27 who said he'd only date tall blond women. He pointed to some magazine pics of models and said "that's my type."

Or should I talk about the two fat girls in the club talking about how X toned Middle Eastern hottie who was clearly loaded and had sculpted black hair and a perfect face was a good pick for one if the girls after spending an entire night dissing normal guys?

Self-awareness, people.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 7:45 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
There is far to little awareness of leagues. I once met a screwed up 5'6 aspie guy with poor hygiene and recently laid off from Wal Mart at age 27 who said he'd only date tall blond women. He pointed to some magazine pics of models and said "that's my type."

Or should I talk about the two fat girls in the club talking about how X toned Middle Eastern hottie who was clearly loaded and had sculpted black hair and a perfect face was a good pick for one if the girls after spending an entire night dissing normal guys?

Self-awareness, people.

Indeed.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 7:55 pm

Tyri0n wrote:

Self-awareness, people.

Yeah, until you consider your 4 you settled for your one and only 10, you won't understand. Once you find that someone, leagues are no longer existent.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 9:37 pm

I will definitely go along with the same sentiments as other people in here... f**k leagues. I said it in another post as well. It's all bs created by people's minds and the mind will allow a thought to take you anywhere if you let it.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 9:47 pm

I'm like a 2 if leagues exist. I don't know if they do or not, but I'm definitely one of the less attractive human specimens out there. I act like they exist because of this fact.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 9:48 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
This is what I've been trying to say! There is no true objective scale for attractiveness which is why getting hung up on a concept like Leagues is ridiculous. True attraction is subjective.

There is nothing stopping anyone here from simply rejecting these outdated social expectations.

Leagues are subjective. Noone has said they're solid. What has been said is that sme things are in the collective good and bad

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 9:57 pm

you know if we had a ''communist dating style'' we wouldn't have to worry about league.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:01 pm

billiscool wrote:
you know if we had a ''communist dating style'' we wouldn't have to worry about league.

What we would have to worry about as discussed in one of your threads is ignoring the possibility of a natural spark between two people. A communist dating style would deny such opportunities. Hell, it would even deny people the right to be honest about what they want and need out of a relationship, people would be told what they want and need.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

It is really true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I have pointed out women on tv that I thought were attractive, only to have my son remark that he didn't think so.
My daughter has pointed out men she thinks are handsome,and I don't get it.Ditto for the men I think are attractive,she thinks nope.
Even if you are attractive you lose "points"for being weird.