Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

Misery wrote:
Same here, definitely into retro consoles.

Bought a 7800 finally after wanting one for years, quite happy with it. Aside from the part where it grips the cartridges like a vice.

It just pushes me even further away from current consoles when I realize that the games on THERE can hold my attention, as well as provide me with enough challenge to keep my interest (easy games put me to sleep), but the games on today's consoles for the most part can do neither.

I will however continue to follow all Xbone related news, in case more hilarity happens.

I've been getting into playing Blockout for the Sega Genesis, and it's a really addicting 3D Tetris Game. It was developed by California Dreams. I sucked at it and didn't like it at first, but once I got the hang of the controls and what each of the three buttons does, it got addicting. I use the Three Button game Pad with it. I went out to dinner with my parents for my father's birthday, and i was still thinking about patterns in the game. It seems more addicting than the Nintendo Tetris for the NES, but that maybe because 2D Tetris is so simple, as everything is flat. Blockout makes you think more as it's 3D and not 2D.

The xBox One fiasco is getting more interesting by the minute. They could conceivably offer support for the games from the original xBox, as both use the same CPU instruction Set, or at least a compatible instruction set. Buying games could get interesting, as the original xBox is also referred to as the xBox 1. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody modifies the Kinect, by Installing a two pole switch or a couple of single pole switches on the Microphone or Microphone Circuit and the internal power connection for the Camera, so it can't be remotely turned on, as there would be no power to them with the switch off, kind of like how the old game consoles were, with the power switch that cut off all power. An Atari 7800 might have that kind of switch, as that is how non-remote control power switches were wired back then.

It might have a death grip, because it might have been little used, or had a replacement connector installed. I think the 7800 can also play most of the Atari 2600 library, which would be an example of backwards compatiblity.

DefinitelyKmart
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jun 2013, 9:40 am

A major issue for me AS an owner of a 360, the price just seems out of line for what you get.. sony have undercut them.. i love halo but reach sucked, halo wars sucked.. i also cant see many people going xbox for one single game, for me the main games i play are fifa and halo.. if as i suspect less people buy xbox 1 then i will find it hard getting matched on fifa...
Also another issue is being unable to play 360 games on it... i mean its gonna launch with what 16 games? i complete games in 12-24 hours.. i wont buy one till atleast a year in.. by which i expect sony will have won the console war.

EliteEnigma57
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2013, 3:13 pm

DefinitelyKmart wrote:
A major issue for me AS an owner of a 360, the price just seems out of line for what you get.. sony have undercut them.. i love halo but reach sucked, halo wars sucked.. i also cant see many people going xbox for one single game, for me the main games i play are fifa and halo.. if as i suspect less people buy xbox 1 then i will find it hard getting matched on fifa...
Also another issue is being unable to play 360 games on it... i mean its gonna launch with what 16 games? i complete games in 12-24 hours.. i wont buy one till atleast a year in.. by which i expect sony will have won the console war.

I agree. One of the main things that Sony and Nintendo have had over Microsoft since the Xbox-PS2-Gamecube era is their exclusive games.