Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2013, 9:33 am

TheWadeSmellbringer wrote:
Venger wrote:
Tross wrote:
the Xbox One is basically the missing 11th Egyptian plague

Truer words were never spoken. :D Well, that's a new one. I thought I'd heard it all regarding the xb1. Points for originality. I am looking forward to a repeat of the 6th gen, with the ps4 playing the role of next gen's ps2. 8)

PS2 is/was a great console, but it also holds the record as being the worst offender ever for having an over-hyped system launch. Its early games were quite lame especially considering the super big deal everybody made out of its release.

Well it plays DVD's which was a big deal at the time to have a console that could play games and watch movies which is what made people hype it but yeah it's launch cabinet was pretty weak. I mean the Xbox had Halo 1 at launch, what did the PS2 have?
Clearly you never played Timesplitters.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 11:08 am

By the way, Sixstring. On your recommendation I went and played Uncharted, You got me there. Make that three exclusives that I care about.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2013, 11:16 am

fueledbycoffee wrote:
By the way, Sixstring. On your recommendation I went and played Uncharted, You got me there. Make that three exclusives that I care about.
Glad I could help. Which of the three did you play? IMO UC2>UC3>UC
What genres do you like? I can give some more recommendations.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 12:18 pm

Cogressmen propose Anti Xbox One Kinect Bill

This is a dream right? Congress on our side for this one?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2013, 12:51 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

Re : We're the only ones allowed to destroy privacy.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 1:09 pm

sixstring wrote:
fueledbycoffee wrote:
Glad I could help. Which of the three did you play? IMO UC2>UC3>UC
What genres do you like? I can give some more recommendations.

The first. I'd rather play them in order.

Personally, I very much like Western CRPGS, action/adventure, and Multiplayer FPS, Strategy's pretty sweet too.

BrokenTrumpet
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2013, 1:29 pm

I've never been interested in the exclusive library the XBox has to offer, and I don't really play on consoles anymore anyway. And even if I do get a console it would probably be the Wii U.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2013, 2:59 pm

sixstring wrote:
Venger wrote:
Tross wrote:
the Xbox One is basically the missing 11th Egyptian plague

Truer words were never spoken. :D Well, that's a new one. I thought I'd heard it all regarding the xb1. Points for originality. I am looking forward to a repeat of the 6th gen, with the ps4 playing the role of next gen's ps2. 8)

PS2 is/was a great console, but it also holds the record as being the worst offender ever for having an over-hyped system launch. Its early games were quite lame especially considering the super big deal everybody made out of its release.

Well it plays DVD's which was a big deal at the time to have a console that could play games and watch movies which is what made people hype it but yeah it's launch cabinet was pretty weak. I mean the Xbox had Halo 1 at launch, what did the PS2 have?
Clearly you never played Timesplitters.

I did once but I played the Gamecube version I didn't even know about the PS2 version.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2013, 3:04 pm

I just realized that the Microsoft really screwed up with Kinect. Because of the stuff with the NSA spying on our emails it make people more concerned about privacy and making a machine that spys on you is pretty much death this year because by the holidays the NSA stuff will still be fresh in our minds.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 4:36 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

Only two congressmen, though =(

EliteEnigma57
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jun 2013, 4:52 pm

You're a Halo fan, TheWadeSmellbringer? I couldn't tell!

Seriously, though, I agree with you guys. The Xbox One is going to be Microsoft's equivalent of the Virtual Boy. I'm all for boycotting it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 7:01 pm

sixstring wrote:
fueledbycoffee wrote:
Better games, better technology on the PC.

There were two console exclusives last generation that I wanted to play, Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us. Two. I beat Red Dead Redemption at my friend's house, and I'll be doing the same with Last of Us when he's done with it. Every other good game was either PC exclusive or released on the PC in a better form.
Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2&3, Uncharted trilogy, Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch, Tales of Graces, Zelda : Skyward Sword, Mario Kart, Ratchet & Clank ...
Sorry dude, PC has the better version of multiplatform games, but consoles have the better exclusives.

Feh. Depends on the player.

I look at those games, and I go: "Bleh. Do not want!"

I could probably get some enjoyment out of Ratchet and Clank, but the others.... no. Just no. Particularly Nintendo's stuff and the ball of cutscenes that is MGS. Might make good coasters (and I actually HAVE been using certain PS3 game discs for that very purpose.... gotta use them for SOMETHING) but that's about it. Seen the others in action at friends' houses also, which only cemented that set of opinions on them.

I'll continue going with the direct opposite of that idea: PC has better exclusives..... and dramatically more OF them.

There was ONE game.... one console exclusive.... and ONLY one.... within the last couple years that I gave a fart about, and that was Twisted Metal. .....and even that, well.... I stopped playing it after about 2 or 3 weeks. The console continues to not be tossed into a lake only because of the one import game I have on there (a shmup, like all of my imports. Very expensive.)

As for the Xbox One.... wont be hard for me to boycott that blasted thing.... wasnt going to buy it regardless. The fun part will come from watching what my various die-hard Xbox fan friends do when it releases. Will they avoid it? Or will they break down and buy one, despite so many complaints about the whole thing lately?

Either way, it'll be hilarious. Hilarious for me, that is, probably not so much for them. But still hilarious. E3 may be over, but the humor just keeps on going....

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2013, 9:14 pm

Tross wrote:
I hope the xb1 tanks, but it may end up reaching cult system status for all the wrong reasons.

It could become a cult system that needs to be hacked to get the games to play on it when they shut off the servers, because it would be basically an elaborate Blu-Ray player, without the servers.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2013, 12:25 am

Misery wrote:
As for the Xbox One.... wont be hard for me to boycott that blasted thing.... wasnt going to buy it regardless. The fun part will come from watching what my various die-hard Xbox fan friends do when it releases. Will they avoid it? Or will they break down and buy one, despite so many complaints about the whole thing lately?

As a fan of Xbox i'm avoiding the One and going for PS4 despite the fact that Halo is like my number two fave franchise.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 1:16 am

greengeek wrote:
Tross wrote:
I hope the xb1 tanks, but it may end up reaching cult system status for all the wrong reasons.

It could become a cult system that needs to be hacked to get the games to play on it when they shut off the servers, because it would be basically an elaborate Blu-Ray player, without the servers.

Which is just one more reason why I'm not a fan of the One. Since the dawn of console gaming, people have been able to enjoy games on their old systems long after the gen they are from ended. I mean, sure, some games that are heavily multiplayer based will not be the same once their servers are shut off, but single player games(and single player modes of games) have always worked just fine years down the road. As far as I'm concerned, game systems should not go bad like a piece of salmon, yet that's exactly what will happen with the One.

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2013, 2:46 am

Angry Joe said it best. "Microsoft dun f##### it up." I will not be buying the Xbox one. I have no use for a system that can't be played without internet, and doesn't play used games. It's elitest and completely unacceptable.