Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2013, 2:46 am

Angry Joe said it best. "Microsoft dun f##### it up." I will not be buying the Xbox one. I have no use for a system that can't be played without internet, and doesn't play used games. It's elitest and completely unacceptable.

EliteEnigma57
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

Tross wrote:
greengeek wrote:
Tross wrote:
I hope the xb1 tanks, but it may end up reaching cult system status for all the wrong reasons.

It could become a cult system that needs to be hacked to get the games to play on it when they shut off the servers, because it would be basically an elaborate Blu-Ray player, without the servers.

Which is just one more reason why I'm not a fan of the One. Since the dawn of console gaming, people have been able to enjoy games on their old systems long after the gen they are from ended. I mean, sure, some games that are heavily multiplayer based will not be the same once their servers are shut off, but single player games(and single player modes of games) have always worked just fine years down the road. As far as I'm concerned, game systems should not go bad like a piece of salmon, yet that's exactly what will happen with the One.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That's one of the reasons that I personally prefer splitscreen multiplayer to online multiplayer.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 4:41 pm

Microsoft is actually listening to us? Could there really be hope?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 4:43 pm

Misery wrote:
The fun part will come from watching what my various die-hard Xbox fan friends do when it releases. Will they avoid it? Or will they break down and buy one, despite so many complaints about the whole thing lately?

My friends are already resigning to the fact that they'll be collecting trophies instead of achievements.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2013, 4:58 pm

BREAKING NEWS: According to IGN Microsoft will not do DRM or online. Link to the article can be found here: Xbox One Reversal

My thoughts:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7QWknxeFc[/youtube]

PS Try to watch the WHOLE video.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 5:04 pm

TheWadeSmellbringer wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: According to IGN Microsoft will not do DRM or online. Link to the article can be found here: Xbox One Reversal

But I...just posted...Hehe.^^;

Anyway, yes this is good news. Hopefully more good news will come forth.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2013, 5:34 pm

RW665 wrote:

Sorry man but on the bright side I can buy a Xbox One now and not feel guilty.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 5:42 pm

RW665 wrote:

Sorry man but on the bright side I can buy a Xbox One now and not feel guilty.

It'alright, I was just joking around. Yes same. This kind of brightened up my day.

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 5:59 pm

Well, it's a bold move by Microsoft, but it still requires Kinect. I'll still be buying a PS4, though.

Maybe they should rename it the Xbox 180 :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 6:42 pm

Quote:
"After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again," Microsoft wrote. "There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360."

I can hear their spokeperson in my head, slowly and deliberately muttering these words, their voice, wavering with the sound of defeat.

I like how they chose their wording to sound like "You guys helped to make XBox One even better than we could have imagined" instead of "You guys all threatened to put us out of business and now we are begrudgingly forced to revoke our DRM.........until we feel secure enough to take the risk of a mandatory firmware update a year or two down the road...please don't hate us, please please please come back"

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2013, 6:55 pm

And here I thought this couldnt possibly get any more hilarious.

I was wrong.

thebluemaverick
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jun 2013, 8:51 pm

Oh, Xbox One is so horrible - just horrible.
I'm still getting the PS4 - shifty behavior is still shifty behavior.

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2013, 9:24 pm

Tross wrote:
greengeek wrote:
Tross wrote:
I hope the xb1 tanks, but it may end up reaching cult system status for all the wrong reasons.

It could become a cult system that needs to be hacked to get the games to play on it when they shut off the servers, because it would be basically an elaborate Blu-Ray player, without the servers.

Which is just one more reason why I'm not a fan of the One. Since the dawn of console gaming, people have been able to enjoy games on their old systems long after the gen they are from ended. I mean, sure, some games that are heavily multiplayer based will not be the same once their servers are shut off, but single player games(and single player modes of games) have always worked just fine years down the road. As far as I'm concerned, game systems should not go bad like a piece of salmon, yet that's exactly what will happen with the One.

I like playing older games and I got a clone console that can play NES, SNES, Sega Genesis cartridges and use the original controllers from those systems for my birthday.

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2013, 10:58 pm

Not buying. I only own an Xbox 360 (though in no way am I a Microsoft fanboy), and the Xbox One honestly, on paper, looks like fail. Oh, and they're basically marketing toward what they think are gamers: upper-class single people who have one room dedicated to gaming and spend much of their day gaming. Not me, because most gamers aren't like that.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 1:56 am

Hansgrohe wrote:
Not buying. I only own an Xbox 360 (though in no way am I a Microsoft fanboy), and the Xbox One honestly, on paper, looks like fail. Oh, and they're basically marketing toward what they think are gamers: upper-class single people who have one room dedicated to gaming and spend much of their day gaming. Not me, because most gamers aren't like that.

Real gamers usually have a nice HDTV in their bedroom to play video games privately with nobody around most of the time. This is what I do with my PS3 and Nintendo Wii-U.

Very casual-gamers play in the living room with other people around watching while they're sitting far away from the screen. Those types often play video games just once-or-twice a week at the most for an hour or less. :?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 4:06 am

greengeek wrote:
Tross wrote:
greengeek wrote:
Tross wrote:

I like playing older games and I got a clone console that can play NES, SNES, Sega Genesis cartridges and use the original controllers from those systems for my birthday.

Same here, definitely into retro consoles.

Bought a 7800 finally after wanting one for years, quite happy with it. Aside from the part where it grips the cartridges like a vice.

It just pushes me even further away from current consoles when I realize that the games on THERE can hold my attention, as well as provide me with enough challenge to keep my interest (easy games put me to sleep), but the games on today's consoles for the most part can do neither.

I will however continue to follow all Xbone related news, in case more hilarity happens.