Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2013, 5:10 pm

Before you assume I'm a raging sony/nintendo fanboy I will say this now. I love Halo and I have a 360 that I play a LOT so with that being said let's get into the topic at hand. I believe that we as gamers should not buy the Xbox One for at least the first year of release. If we hurt their pockets enough they WILL change it. If you don't believe me (I wouldn't blame you) look at the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy and how they changed the ending because everyone got enraged. Buy a PS4 (I will) or a Wii U (I already have one) just DON'T buy the Xbox One even if you can afford all 3 consoles at one time, this isn't about how to wisely spend you cash this is about principle and they are shoving stuff that is hurtful or unwanted like DRM, always online, and Kinect down our throats.

Inspiration for this thread.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHtpdG-hgCk[/youtube]

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 5:52 pm

I won't be buying the XBone because the "features" announced are not features that I want or need. However, it's not really a "boycott" - it's not like I was intending to buy one sight unseen, and only changed my mind when I learned how intrusive it was. Rather, it's that I hadn't made up my mind yet which next-gen console interested me, and was waiting to hear what features each one offered. The PS4 gives me privacy, the ability to play used games without paying through the nose to the publisher, and at least some backward compatibility, and thus gets my vote.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 6:38 pm

Yeah, I owned a 360 too. I was all ready to buy its successor, but MS can go to hell now as far as I'm concerned. I eagerly await news of their suffering.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 7:08 pm

I don't do console gaming as it is, so I stick with my PC. I'm too hooked on TF2 and Flight Simulator. I might get a PS(either a 2 or 3) one of these days.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 7:10 pm

Nintendo/Sony is always the best console combination to have by far. Three of them sounds like too many not counting handhelds of course.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2013, 8:34 pm

staremaster wrote:
Yeah, I owned a 360 too. I was all ready to buy its successor, but MS can go to hell now as far as I'm concerned. I eagerly await news of their suffering.

Amen to that, they probably should suffer, like I said if they suffer enough they'll either change it or make Halo go third party.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

Last edited by TheWadeSmellbringer on 15 Jun 2013, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2013, 9:57 pm

I avoid all the console madness by gaming on the PC.

JDC6776
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

I only buy systems I can hack. Software restriction are inherently evil. If I buy it, I want to do anything I want to it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
...it's not really a "boycott" - it's not like I was intending to buy one...

Same goes for me.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2013, 9:08 am

Venger wrote:
Nintendo/Sony is always the best console combination to have by far. Three of them sounds like too many not counting handhelds of course.
Fully agreed. If you own both, Xbox becomes pretty much irrelevant.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 2:18 pm

Now is the time to become an adult and stop buying new video game systems.

Or become a PC gamer.

Seriously, I got tons of PS2 games I've not finished yet.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 2:51 pm

Better games, better technology on the PC.

There were two console exclusives last generation that I wanted to play, Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us. Two. I beat Red Dead Redemption at my friend's house, and I'll be doing the same with Last of Us when he's done with it. Every other good game was either PC exclusive or released on the PC in a better form.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 3:24 pm

/\ Guns of The Patriots?

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 5:11 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Now is the time to become an adult and stop buying new video game systems.

Or become a PC gamer.

Seriously, I got tons of PS2 games I've not finished yet.

I'm not sure what you're implying, but plenty of adults invest in new videogame systems and have a personal preference for consoles. Besides, console gaming will live on through the ps4, which, as far as I'm concerned, is everything a next gen console should be. As far as I'm concerned, the Xbox One is everything no system should be. I didn't think it was possible for me to hate MS more. I have already switched to an iPad(and have an iPhone), and now that MS went and did...that, I have no intention of ever giving them a cent again, let alone any substantial amount of money. I won't go back to pc gaming, because I won't chance some of my money going to MS. I'll make sure to avoid any games produced by their first party studios, or published by them too. They aren't too common, but I recall MS publishing a Blue Dragon game on the ds years ago. All I can say is, wow. I've never wished for a company to die so badly in my life, but I really hope it does.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

I'm probably going back to PC gaming after my 360 wears out or if I just sell it.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 8:09 pm

If I was given an option of installing Windows 8 on my computer or have an Xbox One watching me in the shower, I'd install Windows 8. If I received an Xbox One as my holiday present, I would quietly walk into another room and lock myself in and scream (insert any swear word here) because I know some people in my family who would get me something I don't want for Christmas because they weren't paying attention to my disgust of such a product. That's the kind of Cartoon Irony Crap Event I would expect at this point in my life. Misfortune is turning my life into a Generic Cartoon Plot filled with unoriginal conflicts that happen all the time and they don't surprise me anymore. <sarcasm>Oh no! Another unfortunate event involving something mysteriously braking around the house or an over due payment has surfaced forcing my family's life savings to plummet yet again! That hasn't been happening continuously for the past three months.</sarcasm> I'm so bored at life. I'll be finding ways to get rid of the Xbox One I just received and no one will take it back.
It'll be like this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07l18DeHMgg[/youtube]

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.