do nt men and nt women view aspie people different

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 12:28 pm

I starting to wonder about this now.
from reading these forum, NT men seem to be more expecting of aspie women
than nt women are for aspie men when comes to dating.
at the same time, aspie women struggle to make NT women friend.

but then again you can find aspie man who can make female nt friends,
and nt girlfriend, but struggles to make nt male friends.

of course you get the aspie who can get along with both gender, more or less
the same.

and then the one who can't get along with anyone.

but it's just weird, that you have aspie folks that can get along so well
with one gender, but yet can't get along with the other gender.

it's almost like nt men and nt women see aspie people different from each other.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 1:45 pm

From my experience, women see us as weirdos and old fashioned men see us as physically weak and unable. The way that old-fashioned men view me is very annoying, because I'm a very strong person. I'm male on the inside and I have big muscles. I rarely work out with weights, yet I can lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly. The more modern men that I've known have always given me more credit for my strength and abilities and they don't try to play Drill Sargent with me. I don't let anybody get away with playing Drill Sargent with me, anyways.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 7:44 pm

I'm female with Asperger's.
I was bullied by both males and females at school. The females were more vicious about it. A lot of the guys I got the sense that they were doing it to join in with the group, because a fair few of them were perfectly nice to me if I could get them on their own.

I'm pretty darn hopeless socially with both genders, and if you take your stereotypical person from either gender: the hypersocial, shopping-loving, gossiping woman or your macho, car-obsessed, spectator-sportsperson man- I have no chance of making friends with either of them. Nor do I want to.

The people who I do tend to get on well with are nerds, academics, hobbyists and other autistic people. This probably makes it look like I'm a lot better with men than women, because traditionally and stereotypically, most people in those categories are male. However, this is not a rule, and more and more women seem to be coming into those categories, and I tend to get on well with the women who are.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

glow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 4:01 am

Aspie men and women have a tendency to criticise their environment and blame it on others. When its not really down to them.
I used to do this and that was because I wasn't very happy about where I was living before, now I try and narrow my perspective to suit a wider range of possibilities from the average city goer for example because it never did me any good to have such naïve sceptical views about life in the first place. It never suited my expertise anyway,and I am far better off studying privatised topics in general rather than dismissing important signs that apt you for a better way of living, no one knows how life will treat them but regardless of it life goes on. I cant stop living and breathing just because some stupid person wants to brag about their latest designer sportswear or how someone stole the hole from their polo. par examp. 8O :lol: