Page 10 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2013, 7:54 pm

FabianV wrote:
'stranger' being the operative word of course, cap'n cannon. I already know we share a lot of prejudices and viewpoints ;)

It's almost reassuring to get that side of people out of the way early on. They tend to be good at it. Like sitting at a bench outside the Pump Room a couple of years ago with a friend and chatting to a Bradford couple on the other side, who towards the end of our pints decided that "[ethnic group slur]s shouldn't be seen or heard." And meeting a retired Washington couple making a bonfire near their hummer looking out on the Puget Sound, the man going "Isn't this brilliant? And you can see all the Japs coming through from here." The farmer from outside Solihull who complained to us that his village had had a few "bla—sorry—insurgents" coming in.

Horrible to know these people still exist though.

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2013, 3:48 am

I suppose it does mean they aren't trying as much to keep up a facade, only for the mask to slip later on at least. You know you ain't gonna be best buddies right at the get-go.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 5:46 am

It annoys me sometimes the way some women think they have to feed me. I know that I probably look like a waif and stray sometimes but I just wish they'd lay off trying to fatten me up.

I'm a babybird, not a flippin' Christmas turkey :lol: