Page 8 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

jk1 wrote:
The problem is that they are everywhere. I even recognize one of them because he's around in my area. Maybe Europe is different from here.

Yeah and the problem is that I forgot my wallet at home everytime they asked, despite of all. :P

What are they gonna do?

Send the cops after you for never carrying any cash with yourself?

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 2:20 pm

Well, maybe they'll get the message.

I had better point out that I have never ever given any money to any of them. I'd rather throw my money into the rubbish bin than give it to them.

I just find their presence really annoying. It's a bit like having cockroaches around.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 3:09 pm

Quote:
Sorry, we're unable to load a message from our sponsors.

Advertisements fund this web original. If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it so that our producers can continue to make the best in original web series.

This message will self-destruct in 60 seconds. (Our ads only take 30!)

Oh, I see. Your ads only take 30. That makes it much better.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 3:20 pm

Jory wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, we're unable to load a message from our sponsors.

Advertisements fund this web original. If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it so that our producers can continue to make the best in original web series.

This message will self-destruct in 60 seconds. (Our ads only take 30!)

Oh, I see. Your ads only take 30. That makes it much better.

Getting sacked for using ad-blockers, I can honestly see a very dark future incoming in modern internet life if they manage to even do THIS type of stuff.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 3:31 pm

I actually don't mind non-intrusive ads. What ever happened to simple banner ads at the top or side of the screen? Now advertisers are forcing ads down your throat any way they can. The hijack method seems to be popular these days. The website won't load until the video ad has played, or the DVD won't go to the menu screen until the production company logo animation – or worse, the trailers – have played. The message is, "You're gonna sit there and watch this f@#king crap or we're not gonna give you what you came here for." This is why people are willing to simply pay for content to make the ads go away. Unfortunately, some services, like Hulu Plus, give you ads even if you pay for their stuff.

We're heading closer and closer to this, and it terrifies me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXJ_obaiYQ[/youtube]

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 3:42 pm

Jory wrote:
I actually don't mind non-intrusive ads. What ever happened to simple banner ads at the top or side of the screen? Now advertisers are forcing ads down your throat any way they can. The hijack method seems to be popular these days. The website won't load until the video ad has played, or the DVD won't go to the menu screen until the production company logo animation – or worse, the trailers – have played. The message is, "You're gonna sit there and watch this f@#king crap or we're not gonna give you what you came here for." This is why people are willing to simply pay for content to make the ads go away. Unfortunately, some services, like Hulu Plus, give you ads even if you pay for their stuff.

We're heading closer and closer to this, and it terrifies me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXJ_obaiYQ[/youtube]

Lol I can see a dark future of penis enlargement, testosterone injection and liposuction ads swarmed all over the place wherever I go lol.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 5:36 pm

-Shallow people

-WP members who attack other members for whatever reasons

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:58 pm

Telemarkerters who ring you when you're on the do not call register. :evil:
I have fixed them by having a answering machine and when they ring all they get is a message if I remember and don't pick the phone up. :D

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

29 Jul 2013, 9:22 pm

When my cats chew on certain things. UGH.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

I find the fact that my body wont do what I want it to do really f*****g annoying. And I'm sorry if my language offends anyone but I'm really frustrated right now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:42 pm

I'm at that age when just about everything I eat gives me gas and/or heartburn.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:55 pm

Running to the nearest bathroom after I eat or drink something that gives me indigestion.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

People who don't even give me the chance to say what I need to say and then judge me without really knowing me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:53 pm

I hate waiting for my dinner to come.

OddButWhy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 12:08 am

People who drive around and around parking lots, looking for a parking spot nearest the store. Sometimes these twits follow me when I leave the store, in the hope, I suppose, that I'm parked in one of the close spots. It is so &@%#* irritating to be walking to my car as another vehicle slooooowly creeps along behind me. Sometimes as i'm being followed this way,I walk up to a car that isn't mine, fumble with my keys, look up, 'realize' the car isn't mine, and head off into a different aisle so they can't follow me there. Or get into my car, start it, put it in reverse (so they see my brake and reverse lights come on), then pull out a map, unfold it, and pretend to study it intently. (Though in reality I'm just listening to the radio.)

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Aug 2013, 7:41 pm

When a stranger tries to strike up a conversation (perfectly fine, do it myself), but then starts shoving their stupid opinions and prejudices down someone's throat. They think people agree with them when actually they're just being polite/wary he or she's a potential nutcase/trying to get them to shut up.

People who smoke with their children in tow, especially if they've got a pram.

Stoned psuedointellectual philosopher wannabes.

Ball hogging showoffs in football.

Guys who are miserable and undersexed, but have a sense of entitlement and are particularly mean spirited about it, pouring scorn on those more successful than them 'girls only like dicks' etc. And their polar opposites, guys who are really smug about the fact they can get laid as if that's the benchmark for manhood.