Page 9 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Aug 2013, 7:41 pm

When a stranger tries to strike up a conversation (perfectly fine, do it myself), but then starts shoving their stupid opinions and prejudices down someone's throat. They think people agree with them when actually they're just being polite/wary he or she's a potential nutcase/trying to get them to shut up.

People who smoke with their children in tow, especially if they've got a pram.

Stoned psuedointellectual philosopher wannabes.

Ball hogging showoffs in football.

Guys who are miserable and undersexed, but have a sense of entitlement and are particularly mean spirited about it, pouring scorn on those more successful than them 'girls only like dicks' etc. And their polar opposites, guys who are really smug about the fact they can get laid as if that's the benchmark for manhood.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm

Any behavior in public that gives one individual the right to annoy, upset, or antagonize everyone else.

Sylkat

Last edited by Sylkat on 08 Aug 2013, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mountainhermit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2013, 8:31 pm

Very loud TV, radio or music. People who don't give you enough space. Rude people. People who don't respect the environment and other people's religions, races, beliefs, etc. The current state of society.

OddButWhy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 11:13 pm

People with clipboards who knock on your door or accost you in the street trying to get your signature for their pet cause. Doubly annoying when you sign the petition as the easiest way to get rid of them, and then they ask for a donation.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

08 Aug 2013, 11:36 pm

When EquestriatoLA refers to himself in the third person. (Like this.)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 1:45 pm

Long lines at the grocery store.

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2013, 7:40 pm

FabianV wrote:
When a stranger tries to strike up a conversation (perfectly fine, do it myself), but then starts shoving their stupid opinions and prejudices down someone's throat. They think people agree with them when actually they're just being polite/wary he or she's a potential nutcase/trying to get them to shut up.

There goes our pub chats, then!

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Aug 2013, 7:49 pm

'stranger' being the operative word of course, cap'n cannon. I already know we share a lot of prejudices and viewpoints ;)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 7:52 pm

I hate it when I by women's stuff in the chemist and they ask me do I need a carrier bag. Of course I do. What am I gonna do, walk down the street advertising my purchase?

I don't know what societies coming to, I really don't.

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2013, 7:54 pm

FabianV wrote:
'stranger' being the operative word of course, cap'n cannon. I already know we share a lot of prejudices and viewpoints ;)

It's almost reassuring to get that side of people out of the way early on. They tend to be good at it. Like sitting at a bench outside the Pump Room a couple of years ago with a friend and chatting to a Bradford couple on the other side, who towards the end of our pints decided that "[ethnic group slur]s shouldn't be seen or heard." And meeting a retired Washington couple making a bonfire near their hummer looking out on the Puget Sound, the man going "Isn't this brilliant? And you can see all the Japs coming through from here." The farmer from outside Solihull who complained to us that his village had had a few "bla—sorry—insurgents" coming in.

Horrible to know these people still exist though.

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2013, 3:48 am

I suppose it does mean they aren't trying as much to keep up a facade, only for the mask to slip later on at least. You know you ain't gonna be best buddies right at the get-go.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 5:46 am

It annoys me sometimes the way some women think they have to feed me. I know that I probably look like a waif and stray sometimes but I just wish they'd lay off trying to fatten me up.

I'm a babybird, not a flippin' Christmas turkey :lol: