Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Erlonman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2013, 12:33 am

Just wondering if anyone one here is well versed in the playing of the stringed instrument that is the classical guitar. I have been playing myself for about 3-4 years.

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2013, 1:21 am

I am self taught since i was 11 but i don't/can't read music sheets so i learn new peices from listening to them or finding a TAB transcription somewhere.

My favourite classical player is Andres Segovia and my favourite non-classical guitarist is Yngwie Malmsteen who is within the neo-classical genre.

Erlonman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2013, 9:50 am

Yeah, I myself and a big fan of Giuliani, and am currently learning his Study in A Minor right now for my guitar class. Yngwie Malmsteen is someone that I have to be in the right mood to listen to in all honesty.

OverlookHotel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jun 2013, 3:55 pm

Yes I play classical guitar. Right now I'm working on the Courante from Bach's Lute Suite 996, Spanish Dance No. 5 by Granados, Campanas del Alba by Sainz de la Maza and Platero by Sainz de la Maza.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 5:55 pm

I don't play, but I'm a big fan of the instrument. One of my favorite players is Per-Olov Kindgren, he has a youtube channel with a lot of his music (including many original pieces):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIza22CYQA

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Jun 2013, 6:30 pm

I own a classical and an acoustic guitar. I used to play the classical one a lot, and it's been passed down my family for about sixty years now. It's still in fine tune and in pretty good shape. :)

I mostly give my acoustic guitar some love, though.