Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:15 am

This question isn't about me, it's about two other people. You probably know the scenery already, as it's in the orchestra where I play.

Behind me, there are two violin players who sit next to each other, and they seem to really enjoy themselves (it's primarily her who talks). OK, having a nice conversation with one's neighbor is nothing special; I've done that, too. But during the break, they sit next down on the stairs really close to each other (their hips almost touching) and without anyone else. Often, they show up to the rehearsal at the same time, as if they were coming from the same place. When they don't and one of them is late, the other one often knows when he/she will come. So I'm almost drawing the conclusion that they're a couple.

On the other hand, I've never seen them doing anything involving actual body contact. So I'm confused. In what kind of relationship are they? Or are they still in the "getting to know each other" phase (seems unlikely, because they've been like this for about two months)?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:40 am

Vectorspace wrote:
This question isn't about me, it's about two other people. You probably know the scenery already, as it's in the orchestra where I play.

Behind me, there are two violin players who sit next to each other, and they seem to really enjoy themselves (it's primarily her who talks). OK, having a nice conversation with one's neighbor is nothing special; I've done that, too. But during the break, they sit next down on the stairs really close to each other (their hips almost touching) and without anyone else. Often, they show up to the rehearsal at the same time, as if they were coming from the same place. When they don't and one of them is late, the other one often knows when he/she will come. So I'm almost drawing the conclusion that they're a couple.

On the other hand, I've never seen them doing anything involving actual body contact. So I'm confused. In what kind of relationship are they? Or are they still in the "getting to know each other" phase (seems unlikely, because they've been like this for about two months)?

For all we know they just sleep together and aren't officially a couple.
They're at the very least intimate and are enjoying their privacy together.
I'd just acknowledge that there might be something between them and not pursue any answers.
You don't need to know what they're doing if it doesn't affect you or the orchestra :) let the band play on!

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:44 am

JanuaryMan wrote:

??? How do you know the former?
JanuaryMan wrote:
I'd just acknowledge that there might be something between them and not pursue any answers.
You don't need to know what they're doing if it doesn't affect you or the orchestra :) let the band play on!

I'm not interested in gossip. I only want to understand human behavior.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:49 am

Vectorspace wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

??? How do you know the former?

Well, they're obviously intimate and being very secretive about it. They can't seem to separate from one another and are arriving/leaving together and likely going to the same places (big hint there) together. This would tell me if they aren't sleeping together yet they will be soon.

VectorSpace wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

I'm not interested in gossip. I only want to understand human behavior.

Good :) I hope the first part explains human behavior a little for you lol. It's fascinating stuff.