Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jnet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2007, 8:57 pm

i've only know about AS for less than a year. i haven't been diagnosed but there's a good amount of compelling evidence that i may in fact have it. i live in the US and there is absolutely no way that i could afford to go through the diagnosis process, especially since my insurance does not cover any mental health. also my dad just lost his job (i'm still a dependent, the insurance is my parents), so i have had to stop seeing my therapist, who was already giving me a reduced rate out of kindness. i was seeing her for depression and bipolar disorder. however, i would still like to know more about asperger's. i've learned a lot being on this site and from my friend who has AS. would a support group be a good place to go? do they let you stay if you don't have a diagnosis? how do you go about finding one? do they cost anything? lots of questions...

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 9:01 pm

There's supposed to be an autism support group at my school soon...There are only 12 people including me who are on the spectrum.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 9:43 pm

Starbuline wrote:
There's supposed to be an autism support group at my school soon...There are only 12 people including me who are on the spectrum.

San francisco IS supposed to have a number of AS people. Still, how many people go to your school? I assume they are all pretty high functioning.

Steve

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 9:45 pm

SteveK wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

San francisco IS supposed to have a number of AS people. Still, how many people go to your school? I assume they are all pretty high functioning.

Steve

About 2500 at my school.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 7:11 pm

I'll be moving to San Francisco around March/April next year. It'd be nice to find a support group.