Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 7:20 pm

My period just started on the last day of my birth control placebo pill. Should I take my actual birth control pill tomorrow or should I give my period a chance to come through and not take any birth control pills until it's finished because I know it's not healthy to purposely skip periods, the thing is it's just started.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

Should ask the doc about this. IMHO and in my case, I like to feel balanced on my own schedule and would let my body finish its natural menstrual cycle. Then ask the doc about whether you are on the right dose maybe, as our bodies change over time.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

take your pills as scheduled.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 1:37 am

Take the pills on schedule. On birth control you do not normally start your period the beginning of the placebo as the hormone level needs to drop before your body says cool and sheds the endothelial lining of the uterus. This means normally you will start taking normal pills again while still having your period. Do it or it is no longer an effective birth control. Yes you may have a shorter period while taking the pills but that is ok and not harmful.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 3:56 am

Keep taking the tablets as usual. I found that my period started about then when I was on the pill.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 6:33 pm

Thanks girls. :)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm

I was wondering this too, thanks! :)

Luinil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

If memory serves, it might be that when you are on birth control you do not have actual true periods. Rather, you bleed a bit, but the lining does not build up and shed the same way that it does without birth control. That's how it is with my Nuvaring at least, I'm not sure about the pills. My "period" usually starts a couple or few days before I put the ring in again, and tapers off just before then.