Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2013, 6:24 am

When I say people I mean the paintball team I'm on. I'm fairly sure they based on several facts:
-They created a new team forum and never informed me. I only found out by listening to a conversation between two "team members." When I asked a senior member about it he denied the fact they created a new forum. I asked my cousin, who is also on the team, and he confirmed they did have a new forum and would ask if I could join. I never got an answer.
-Several members have blocked me on Facebook.
-They kept me as a junior member well past the time I should have became a full member.
-They never inform me about team events then give me crap when I don't show up.

I could go on for a long time about my problems with them. Should I confront them on this, just deal with it, or leave them the team while I'm ahead?

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 6:34 am

You can try to confront them as a last ditch effort, but I'd find a new team. Why stick around to be continuously ostracized? That's not worth your time.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2013, 6:40 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
You can try to confront them as a last ditch effort, but I'd find a new team. Why stick around to be continuously ostracized? That's not worth your time.

Should have mentioned this in the original post. If I leave the team they will bad mouth me (like they do to anyone that leaves the team that they don't like) and I won't be able to join any other local teams. So basically I'm done playing paintball if I leave until I move out of this state.

INTJ

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 6:56 am

Sheerboredom wrote:
If I leave the team they will bad mouth me (like they do to anyone that leaves the team that they don't like) and I won't be able to join any other local teams. So basically I'm done playing paintball if I leave until I move out of this state.

Do you know this for a fact? Do you know anyone on other teams who you could casually question about open slots? Is paintball worth those headaches?

Whatever your decision, those people seem like real jerks.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2013, 2:10 am

I ended up leaving at about 3:00PM and they started bad mouthing me two hours later. They can burn for all I care.

INTJ

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 9:46 am

I think that was a good decision.
Did you try joining a different paintball group ?