Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2013, 11:18 pm

Let's see I am 33 years old and was diagnosed at 15. I actually more recently took the test again with a new psychologist and was confirmed again so no doubt about it I guess.

Right now I live in Rhode Island, but have lived in AZ,CA,and WI at one time. I was born in Wisconsin though.

Basically my main special interests are music, video games, and art. I am a recent graduate of art school and have a degree in video game art and design. I have my own professional portfolio/website as well.

I am fairly sociable and have had a number of good friends (mainly NTs) throughout my life. I would say I am quite high functioning. I have learned how to act more NT with quite a bit of practice. But I still have the obsessive qualities and meltdowns and I really do not think the same as an NT.

Specifically I equate a lot with the punk subculture for many reasons. I basically feel like an outsider in this world. There is just something about the music, style, and attitudes of punk that I relate with. I never fit in in school really I fit in with the misfits, geeks, and freaks. I guess punk is a further way for me to differentiate myself from NT society because frankly we are the minority and must assimilate our ways to match theirs at least I believe I do. I only speak for myself though.

Frankly, many people just cannot figure me out and I cannot figure them out either, I spend quite a bit of my time alone and I mostly like it.

The main thing I am addressing now are my meltdowns since they are fairly severe and have gotten me into trouble in school, work, and at home. From outward appearances many people would consider me a rebel. If you tell me to sit down, I stand up. I just basically do my own thing which causes friction with others. Honestly I really do not want to change my non-conformist ways. I like being me and aspergers is not a disorder its a difference.

Anyways I want to relate and talk with my own "kind" which is why I joined Wrong Planet. Cheers!

Concept
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2013, 11:33 pm

Hi Punk Guy. Welcome to the board. : )

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 11:50 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2013, 6:12 am

RI is a beautiful place, lucky you! Did you go to RISD? My dear friend attended. Welcome!

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 9:07 am

Greetings, and welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2013, 9:48 pm

glasstoria wrote:
RI is a beautiful place, lucky you! Did you go to RISD? My dear friend attended. Welcome!

It's funny because I applied there after high school but did not get accepted. I ended up at URI instead. I actually ended up graduating from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online more recently.