Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2013, 10:40 pm

What's wrong?

What are you staring at?

Why are you sad?

You look upset.

Are you stoned?

You always look mad or sad.

I've been asked and told these sorts of things my entire life. In school, from friends, from strangers, teachers, parents, and family. Which confused me quite a bit growing up, why all these people were always asking me what's wrong all the time, asking why I'm sad or mad...when in reality I was fine and content on the inside 90% of the time they asked this. Sometimes this would bring out a melt down. I didn't know how I was feeling so I would always say "I don't know", I couldn't really answer that question and didn't know how to explain/convey, so I would just start to shut down and cry.

Most of the time I'm in a neutral sort of mood, I just don't really display much emotion/mood upon my face I guess. Even when "happy" or in a positive uplifted state of mind I'm pretty blank faced, but I will whistle and move around a lot more than usual when feeling up and well. I have learned to smile a lot more now that I'm older....I probably either smile way too much, or I'm completely blank faced looking sad/mad.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 1:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
how aspie does my avatar pic look?

Yup, you have Aspie resting face just like the whole lot of us <insert Aspie face emoticon here>

I think that neurotypicals may be far more attuned to our facial expressions such that we can be judged unfairly.......sigh. Soham, I get "what are you staring at?" a lot. Or, "stop staring." I do get distracted by shiny things. :shaking2:

I guess maybe a sense of humour is in order sometimes.